Hellenic did at least actually manage to fly it …… but just the once
in fact was that our last scheduled 747 Service ?

ah probably didn’t explain myself properly. Yes Hellenic did start the BHX-ATH sector but if I remember correctly, I don’t think they got the permission on the ATH-India sector so it only ever carried BHX-ATH passengers and was very quickly shelved. That’s what I meant by ‘planned’.

Hellenic planned to operate onwards to Jeddah rather than India but they only ever managed a few flights;

There was also another company that planned on chartering Monarch wide bodies to Amritsar but that never materialised;

Aerosvit also tried it via Kiev.

Like Flypop I like to see how this play's out.. Still big demand between the Midlands and India so if they get it right this could mean a more for BHX to India routes later down the line. I just hope they get a booking app and advertise, put it in newspapers, billboards and articles in Midlands Today, Birmingham Mail or Express and star. Make people aware of the new airline and new routes so it gives people another option when they plan to travel to/from India. I like the Hans livery kind of reminds me of Monarch and noting like the some the bland new liveries we been getting over the past few years.

Totally agree Midlands has high demand for USA - Mumbai routes as-well as a Lahore link would be nice then Jeddah and Tel-Aviv hope Hans Air will suceed and show Birmingham on GLOBAL MAP *Fingers Crossed*

Handy to have anyway, although new airlines feel like they're often difficult to crack even if you're really good.

But this seems somewhat promising.

Maybe Air India will step up their game to daily before very long on the Delhi route. HansAir would avoid clashing with AI Delhi services. There is plenty of scope in India with several huge cities potentially that need a service.

Aren't Hans Airways looking at serving "secondary" Indian destinations such as Mumbai, and not Delhi/Amritsar?

Any idea how many passengers on Air India flights connect onto other Indian destinations? If the majority are bound for Delhi or Amritsar, then Hans shouldn't take any of these away from Air India.

Aren't Hans Airways looking at serving "secondary" Indian destinations such as Mumbai, and not Delhi/Amritsar?

Any idea how many passengers on Air India flights connect onto other Indian destinations? If the majority are bound for Delhi or Amritsar, then Hans shouldn't take any of these away from Air India.

I think ATQ is the main priority for Hans Coathanger or am I mistaken ? :unsure:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock