• Admin
alcohol-alcoholic-beverage-bar-602750.jpg
Primarily a Friday and Saturday night thread for people to discuss their favourite tipples. Their latest Gin or Whisky collection or maybe the local ale.

Barefoot Merlot

giphy.gif

On a warm clammy day a nice white wine is yummy but on a rainy cool and windy day such as this one, a robust red wine begs to be opened. Personal preference of course will prevail.
I agree. Even though I prefer white, in winter a red (especially a Merlot, Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon for us - we've been married so long our tastes have become welded ;)) can be very enticing and we tend to drink more red in the winter than in the summer.

I don't mind Rose either but usually leave it alone because I gulp it down as if it's lemonade or some other form of soft drink.

Although I drink wine, I also enjoy a good Ale, with so many micro brewers about there are plenty to be discovered in villages and small towns around the nation. I get a weekly veg box delivered and locally brewed beer is often available as is Scrumpy.

Although I drink wine, I also enjoy a good Ale, with so many micro brewers about there are plenty to be discovered in villages and small towns around the nation. I get a weekly veg box delivered and locally brewed beer is often available as is Scrumpy.
So do I. We have a local brewery called Butcombe whose ale is brewed at a village called Wrington which is a couple of miles from Bristol Airport, and when it comes to cider Thatchers' base is just a few miles further away in a village called Sandford. If I'm having a lunch or early meal at a local pub and don't want wine I invariably go for a pint of Butcombe or Thatchers Gold, depending on my mood.

I spent the first 20 years of my life living in villages around what is now Bristol Airport (Wrington was the one where a baby LocalYokel first saw the light of day) and some of my mates were farmers' sons and farmworkers' sons. Their fathers invariably produced their own very rough cider and naturally we teenagers would take the chance to sample some. In my teens I wasn't that bothered about alcohol or trying some of the local farm scrumpy, but I did so nevertheless. I always hoped that stories about dead rats being dropped into the fermenting scrumpy to 'improve' its taste were apocryphal.

I drink Weston's as it is easily obtainable and supplied via Amazon's amazing delivery service. The Ale's come via the the farm boxes as do my eggs and bread. I cannot go shopping in the traditional manner as my walking abilities have ceased. That said, the food supplied by farms direct taste better even if expensive compared to discount supermarkets.

I found some unfinished Malt Whisky, I completely forgot about it so I am breaking Doctors advice and emptying the bottle. I have been diagnosed with Pericarditis and need to rest but sleep is difficult so the booze will do nicely. Bowmore Single Malt for those interested!

I found some unfinished Malt Whisky, I completely forgot about it so I am breaking Doctors advice and emptying the bottle. I have been diagnosed with Pericarditis and need to rest but sleep is difficult so the booze will do nicely. Bowmore Single Malt for those interested!
The 'like' is for the malt whisky discovery, not the Pericarditis. Enjoy the Bowmore followed by a restful sleep.

So do I. We have a local brewery called Butcombe whose ale is brewed at a village called Wrington which is a couple of miles from Bristol Airport, and when it comes to cider Thatchers' base is just a few miles further away in a village called Sandford. If I'm having a lunch or early meal at a local pub and don't want wine I invariably go for a pint of Butcombe or Thatchers Gold, depending on my mood.

Mrs F likes Thatchers, after Cornish Rattler it seems to be her cider of choice.

With such great weather over the summer we had more Thatchers than we would normally do. The Vintage and Katy varieties are delicious but at 7.5% one or two is enough. I preferred the Thatchers Haze, which at 4.5% was ideal for a few with a BBQ.

I'm going back quite a few years now but the last time we visited Brean we had a meal at the Brean Down Inn and I remember having a couple of pints of Butcombe Original, very nice it was too (y)

I’m going to enjoy a well earned glass (or two) of Malbec tonight - Mrs Thunderchild ordered me up into the loft this afternoon to reach down the Christmas decorations! Way too early in my opinion but given she’s almost eight months pregnant I thought it best not to argue!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock