• Admin
alcohol-alcoholic-beverage-bar-602750.jpg
Primarily a Friday and Saturday night thread for people to discuss their favourite tipples. Their latest Gin or Whisky collection or maybe the local ale.

I've said before that Mrs Yokel and I are not great drinkers at home except when we have visitors for a meal or on particular occasions. We decided today must be a particular occasion, not quite sure what it was, and enjoyed a a very pleasant Pinot Grigio from Iceland (the company not the country although the latter's wine might be interesting) along with our ham joint and my bread pudding and ice cream. Mrs Y is not a great one for eating puds. She just makes them for me to guzzle. If I was a young 21st Century husband I'd have a lot to learn on the domestic front.

Mrs. Yokel is wise, puddings are heavy and the results sit on the hips and waistline. A delicate desert however is something to savour like the chocolate and orange Christmas log I have saved for a certain day next weekend!

I'm with Mrs Yokel on this one, I don't really do desserts either.

When we're on holiday and Mrs F and the kids request the dessert menu they know by now that I'll be having a Metaxa/Hierbas/Brandy/Ouzo/Whisky/Port/Raki/Schnapps/Vodka*, far better for the digestive system.

That said it's not totally unheard of for me to indulge in a piece of hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream, these occasions are very few and far between though.

*Delete as appropriate depending on where we happen to be holidaying

I do not understand how but my bottle of Malbec has mates and has become two bottles. I found a bottle I did not realise I had, in a cupboard.

If you haven't tried it then the Salted Caramel version of Baileys is rather moreish.

Mrs F absolutely loves it, I think she has a bottle of the Orange Truffle Baileys too.

Can't stand the stuff personally but each to thier own.

Working tomorrow and don't usually drink the night before but I am very tempted to indulge in a drop of Port.

L.A. CETTO Petite Sirah 2015 Baja California.

My first ever taste of Mexican wine I believe....... It's okay but not quite up to the standardof a decent Malbec.......in my opinion.

After letting those medications to metabolize from my body I had my first glug of Malbec wine and WOW! After the initial shock, I found it to be tasty and with an unexpectedly robust nudge. Is this what the fuss was about?

I give it 12 out of 10, another bottle please?
It's funny how tastes vary - I'm not so keen on Malbec. Then again I'm not keen on gravy or coffee so I'm probably the odd one. Although I'm right-handed for most things I always batted left-handed when I played cricket.

After letting those medications to metabolize from my body I had my first glug of Malbec wine and WOW! After the initial shock, I found it to be tasty and with an unexpectedly robust nudge. Is this what the fuss was about?

I give it 12 out of 10, another bottle please?

Although I do drink other varieties Malbec has been my red wine of choice for a long time. I have a bottle of Trapiche Oak Cask Malbec for tonight which I must remember to get up to temperature.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock