According to FR24, the RVR 20 mins ago was 75m. However, the KLM is now taxiing out for departure,
and the LS217 is active again, so presumably the actual RVR is now 150m+.

According to FR24, the RVR 20 mins ago was 75m. However, the KLM is now taxiing out for departure,
and the LS217 is active again, so presumably the actual RVR is now 150m+.
Both departed. Now for the Wizz, when it gets around to it .....

Last edited:
Just close to LBA near the midpoint and it is clear here but with "fog in the vasinity" and still thick in the valley.

Is Runway 13 a new 10,000fr runway with no bump in middle and ILS CATIII with a normal 3 degrees gildeslope?

Sorry I had to do that, I know you both mean Runway 14. lol
I thought it meant he could see far enough down the runway to see 13 sets of lights!

Pardon my ignorance though, can anyone explain why a plane cannot take off in fog?
What are the risks (compared to the obvious ones associated with landing)

I thought it meant he could see far enough down the runway to see 13 sets of lights!

Pardon my ignorance though, can anyone explain why a plane cannot take off in fog?
What are the risks (compared to the obvious ones associated with landing)
Well, I guess it helps to see where you are on the runway, and if you're going down the centre line, and if course if anything is in the way. We've seen in the past what can happen in fog. (Tenerife North for example, Pan Am/KLM 747 collision).
It can't be easy travelling at 150mph if you can only see 100m in front of you.

Well, I guess it helps to see where you are on the runway, and if you're going down the centre line, and if course if anything is in the way. We've seen in the past what can happen in fog. (Tenerife North for example, Pan Am/KLM 747 collision).
It can't be easy travelling at 150mph if you can only see 100m in front of you.
Even taxiing becomes a challenge in low viz.

Fogs back. Ryanair from Dublin gone around and now in the hold, as is the Ryanair inbound from Tenerife.
At this time of the day in misty conditions the visibility only gets worse as night falls (and temps drop) so we may see quite a few diversion from now on. Hope I'm wrong.

At this time of the day in misty conditions the visibility only gets worse as night falls (and temps drop) so we may see quite a few diversion from now on. Hope I'm wrong.
Including Brentford FC now en route from LTN. Suspect they will end up at MAN.

Ryanair from TFS has diverted to MAN or LPL, but the DUB is making another approach .

Last edited:

Ryanair from TFS has diverted to MAN or LPL, but the DUB is making another approach .
Whats the best frequency to listen out on please?

Dublin landed, but looking at current track of Eastern Airways ATR he's already decided to divert.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock