Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Time after time we have reported here the barrage of negative media towards Leeds Bradford Airport.

I want to use this thread for members of our community to report this.

Over the last week alone we have seen one article relating to items banned from baggage at the regions busiest airport using this image:
4_Winter-weather-Feb-18th-2022.jpg
Image Credit Yorkshire Live

While down the road at Doncaster which struggled to attract enough traffic to stay open portrayed as a thriving international airport with this image:
b25lY21zOmRiNWI3MmM3LWQxOTYtNGRjNi1hNDZmLWZlYTM4NmNkMjRjNjo0ZWU2MWZmNi05ZjhlLTQwMTctYmMyZi1hNj...jpg
Image Credit Yorkshire Evening Post

Now the article about baggage might be a reasonably balanced article in itself but the perception of the airport is instantly changed by the media used with each article.

Thoughts on this and other similar comparisons with neighbouring airports are welcome here.

Read an article today thinking it was a yorkshire post quote that Doncaster council are in talks today buy the airport and keep it open 😎

Can they afford it. It will cost millions. I'll bet the rate payers in Donny won't realise how much it will cost, as Peel won't let it go cheap. Yes these politicians always good at spending the public's money for their glorification. See Tees side!

Can they afford it. It will cost millions. I'll bet the rate payers in Donny won't realise how much it will cost, as Peel won't let it go cheap. Yes these politicians always good at spending the public's money for their glorification. See Tees side!
It would cost many millions, now, and into the future, as chances are it will lose millions too.
However, I have only seen talk of the Council leasing from Peel then getting some fool company in to run the airport, nothing about buying since Peel rejected that some months ago.

But - this thread is about the nasty press being mean to LBA. Not DSA.(or what's left of it).

Apparently we are getting a slagging off on Look North tonight about the night time flying breaches
. As I won't be able to watch it, please can someone report accordingly

Apparently we are getting a slagging off on Look North tonight about the night time flying breaches
. As I won't be able to watch it, please can someone report accordingly
Its in the 'general thread'

Seems like LBA have taken it on the chin and admitted they are solely responsible.

Seems like LBA have taken it on the chin and admitted they are solely responsible.
No mention of confusion with when summer actually starts, no mention of LCC not policing the quota.
Nor was there any mention of any year except 2022!

Last edited:
  • Admin
The usual drivel we have come to expect from the BBC one would imagine.

In all honestly though I haven't watched it nor do I actually know anybody who does to be fair.

No mention of confusion with when summer actually starts, no mention of LCC not policing the quota.
Nor was there any mention of any year except 2022!
Actually, there was mention of 'confusion' as to whether April counted as summer or not.
The YEP, useless as ever, reported that the night flying limit was 747 movements (it's 2800, and that was exceeded by 747) whilst the objectionable BBC reporter als messed up by stating the night limit was 3547, which is the 2800 + 747. Hopeless.

Frankly, I admire the airport for accepting responsibility, but I'm disgusted that the Council, who are at least equally culpable, have let the airport take the rap without owning up to their part in the error.

Plonk LBA 40 odd mile away in Doncaster and you'll have a council willing to through money at you. Quite frankly Leeds as a city is becoming so backwards I wish they would do it.

Hopefully the airport will fight back.

Also where dose this leave us regards the counting or not count of the much quieter aircraft like the Airbus A329Neo's, Boeing 737MAX and Embraer 190-E2's??
It's all in the detail still being discussed with planners.

Apparently DSA would have saved the day if it was still open and “taken” those extra flights.

Been reading some of the comments on twitter alot coming from SaveDSA supporters claiming DSA would come to the rescue! On a different note I’ve been looking at spencer strokes twitter and his previous tweet is about SYCA agreeing on a £3M CPO of DSA. Just goes to show which Airport He/media prefers.

Last edited:
Apparently DSA would have saved the day if it was still open and “taken” those extra flights.

Been reading some of the comments on twitter alot coming from SaveDSA supporters claiming DSA would come to the rescue! On a different note I’ve been looking at spencer strokes twitter and his previous tweet is about SYCA agreeing on a £3M CPO of DSA. Just goes to show which Airport He/media prefers.
Well if DSA was open, and took the potential diverts from LBA later this summer due to hitting the 2800 limit, set way back in 1994 for Gods sake, then it would probably have doubled DSAs traffic overnight. That's how badly DSA was performing

LBA seriously need to submit a planning application to at least change the morning restrictions so they start at 0600. That alone would remove the risk of exceeding the limit,.and then nobody would need DSA to ride to the rescue!

It’s disgusting. One airport performing brilliantly and contributing to the Yorkshire economy and another that is shut because it didn’t perform, with money to be wasted on trying to reopen it. Clearly does show where the bias is and also perhaps goes to show that bad news sells.......

Just been reading the the group that shall not be mentioned FB site, what a set of numpties they are, you’d think they were forced to live under the flightpath. Nobody that has moved to the area post war has any reason to complain. I used to live 4 miles from Manchester Airport right under the flighpath in the days when jets made a noise, 707’s 727’s Caravelles, BAC 1-11’s etc was i ever woken up by them -No never. Time all the pro LBIA people made their voices heard louder and silenced them, we desperately need a better expanded airport for Leeds and the area

Just been reading the the group that shall not be mentioned FB site, what a set of numpties they are, you’d think they were forced to live under the flightpath. Nobody that has moved to the area post war has any reason to complain. I used to live 4 miles from Manchester Airport right under the flighpath in the days when jets made a noise, 707’s 727’s Caravelles, BAC 1-11’s etc was i ever woken up by them -No never. Time all the pro LBIA people made their voices heard louder and silenced them, we desperately need a better expanded airport for Leeds and the area
Forum members have consistently dispelled the group that shall not be mentioned as a bunch if cranks and half wits. As I said from the beginning they have to be taken seriously, my experience with LACAN back in the 70's tells me that much.

They know what they are doing, they have focus and make arguments publically that appeal not only to local objectors but the wider environmental lobby and politicians.

So far they have succeeded in everything they have set out to do and each time they succeed it adds to their credibility.

The airport dont seem to want to defend themselves and it makes you wonder if they have the appetite to do so. In the case of the quota they are the masters of their own downfall.

As far as newer quieter aircraft being excluded from the quota - dont hold your breath. If the airport dont adapt their tactics this will be another victory chalked up by the group that shall not be mentioned, as they are sure to get involved.

Its just naive to think the group that shall not be mentioned are not going to get their way in future, they have a strategy and tactics to win. Lets hope LBA come up with a better straregy and tactics of their own to see them off.

It’s disgusting. One airport performing brilliantly and contributing to the Yorkshire economy and another that is shut because it didn’t perform, with money to be wasted on trying to reopen it. Clearly does show where the bias is and also perhaps goes to show that bad news sells.......
Which is the point I’m making with regards to this thread showing how the 2 airports are treated differently in the media.

The airport dont seem to want to defend themselves and it makes you wonder if they have the appetite to do so. In the case of the quota they are the masters of their own downfall.
It’s not about the airport not wanting to defend themselves but they won’t want to be having public slanging matches with people who don’t see reason. The airport will present the facts but as we know they will get twisted. I think the airport have handled them well by not getting into slanging matches with them and keeping professional.

I’m sure it was mentioned on here a while back that VH offered a private meeting to discuss their concerns and they refused and demanded it be public? Which VH refused and gave them a take it or leave it offer.

Which is the point I’m making with regards to this thread showing how the 2 airports are treated differently in the media.

It’s not about the airport not wanting to defend themselves but they won’t want to be having public slanging matches with people who don’t see reason. The airport will present the facts but as we know they will get twisted. I think the airport have handled them well by not getting into slanging matches with them and keeping professional.

I’m sure it was mentioned on here a while back that VH offered a private meeting to discuss their concerns and they refused and demanded it be public? Which VH refused and gave them a take it or leave it offer.
But the conclusion has to be that the airports strategy isnt working.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock