pretty much all the country tier 4 with just north and west Yorkshire and Liverpool tier 3 and 981deaths in the last 24hrs! something tells me we might go over 1000 tomorrow. what a way to end the year!
Plus the East Riding of Yorkshire also in Tier 3, so that makes the whole of Yorkshire in Tier 3. At least Yorkshire folk are behaving ourselves a little better than the rest of the country.

pretty much all the country tier 4 with just north and west Yorkshire and Liverpool tier 3 and 981deaths in the last 24hrs! something tells me we might go over 1000 tomorrow. what a way to end the year!

Plus the East Riding of Yorkshire also in Tier 3, so that makes the whole of Yorkshire in Tier 3. At least Yorkshire folk are behaving ourselves a little better than the rest of the country.
Much of South West England is in tier 3 as are areas in the Midlands bordering Wales.

Message from Forums4Airports on latest Lockdown Announcement

Please stay safe everyone. No matter what aircraft come and go from your local airport, Airfield or Airbase, your health, your families and everyone else's matter.

Lines in books, photos can be replaced, lives can't.

Please stay safe EVERYONE, stay at HOME & protect our NHS.

View attachment 21287

Last edited:
Here we go again unfortunately. Necessary I'm afraid even though many people will take another hit in one way or another. And as far as LBA is concerned this is the last thing they need but the consoling factor is that everybody else is in the same boat. As I think I have said before we are nowhere near the end of this Covid affair but I do think that, vaccines permitting and all the supply and logistics involved, we will be getting back to some kind of normal by the end of the summer. Let us hope so anyway.

I so hope this is the last surge in infection rates and that by the time we get to easter the most vulnerable are all jabbed or else like I previously mentioned it will be another disaster of a year. once the vulnerable are jabbed its upto the rest of us to get the jab, if millions of us don't then the virus will still be out there and things will never change esp when the media is involved plus the virus might mutate many more times giving the media something negative to scare us more.
Obviously all airports are in the same situation as LBA some worse in fact but wouldn't it be really nice for LCC to approve the new terminal so that we have something positive happening, without the new terminal the outlook will be bleak!

I just hope that the new lock-down doesn't kill off any more airlines. Jet2, Tui etc all rely on holidays, so if no-one is booking there must be cash-flow issues.

you can work it out roughly now whats going to happen this year and it aint good im afraid, so first off its very likely that it will be compulsory whether we like it or not that before you travel on an aircraft you will require the jab, other countries would require this anyway. Its going to take until at least easter before the over 60/70/80s, the vulnerable and key workers are jabbed, then it would appear that this group of people will be first priority again for the second jab which makes sense so you can add another 2 or 3 months on so by the time this group have all had the jab we are talking mid summer. This means that everyone under the age of 60 will not be able to travel until at least late summer, aug, sept time, and all this is based on the government successfully delivering the jab and the virus levels to drop and no mutant ninja variants as I call them to form.
On delivering the jab quickly I say contact every retired dr, nurse and all other ex hospital and surgery staff that have experience and a clean record and go door to door delivering the jab, at the end of the day where is everyone suppose to be during a lockdown, at home! Of course vaccine levels need to be there to do this.

Last edited:
It seems LBA has appointed a new CEO, a chap called Vincent Hodder. He will succeed Hywel Rees in a few weeks time.

I had no idea Hywel was leaving.

Nobody did! Seems he is leaving to pursue new projects. I wish him well. If we get this terminal built he will have left quite a legacy.

As per the attached article, Vincent Hodder is ex IAG and previously involved in Flybe.

Frankly, I am rather sad Hywel is leaving.
It seems to be the nature of the job though that these guys do a job, then move on to the next one. I did think though that he would've here to see the terminal project through. Perhaps he has had about as much as he can take from Leeds City Council and the likes of the group that shall not be mentioned!

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/meet-new-ceo-leeds-bradford-airport-3106362

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock