Basically sums up why it’s needed on an “environmental purpose”. Maybe RJ should listen to that when making the decision.

I guess, something we already know anyway, the reason for such a dramatic drop is that we are a primary leisure airport.

With only Jet2 keeping them movements high (with their bi weekly Mario kart tracks above Yorkshire). It's not a nice thing to see; however Teeside are high due to their subsidiary of services from Loganair. Which is why it is so high for them.

Hopefully with the return of other airlines this month; Ryanair particular, we can see that rise sharply. Depending on Green List, Amber List and the reviews of them we'll be on our way to recovery.

The April figures make pretty depressing reading. Onwards and upwards I guess.View attachment 23539

The CAA's data always makes me smile. Just look at Heathrow with 10,335 total movements and yet just 659 of these are for Air Transport - and its pretty much the same across the entire report. Sometimes things just don't appear to add up. That's one of the problems that I experience when I'm doing my monthly statistical reports.

I am afraid that the CAA let themselves down badly with their statistical data. I've found myself that their data does not concur between sections but how can Gloucestershire (Staverton) have 9897 air transport movements but only 6977 total movements? :unsure:

Has there been a change in the flight path or is it just today? The flights seemed to have passed further away from my house than they usually do. I noticed on FR24 that the aircraft did a turn just before the runway which doesn’t normally happen when landing on runway 32.

A random question here. Which New airline would you like to see come to LBA?

I’ll start: I would like to Lufthansa or Eurowings come to do something to Germany. Maybe Frankfurt, Munich or Düsseldorf.

Ok I'm going to be greedy, Its impossible to just add 1 route & airline, so here a few from me to start with.

London Heathrow - British Airways (Needs reinstating ASAP)
Paris - Air France (For Sky Team connections)
Copenhagen - Ryanair
Bergen
- Widerøe (For the Scandaniva based LUFC fans)
Berlin - Eurowings, Ryanair
Frankfurt - Lufthansa Cityline (For Star Alliance connections)
Madrid - Iberia Express, Air Europa (Easier Connections to South America)
Barcelona - Vueling, Ryanair (Need more capacity)
Istanbul - Pegasus or even better Turkish Airlines (For Star Alliance connections)
Antalya, Dalaman - Sun Express, Anadolujet or Corendon Airlines (Need more capacity)

My list could go on.

Last edited:
The trouble is @White Heather easyJet will not just compete with Ryanair (good) how much competition would easyJet holidays pose to Jet2holidays? And therefore the response of our resident Tour Operator/Airline?

easyJet strategy has always been to be NO.1/NO.2 on routes/at bases. That won't happen here at LBA and unless that strategy changes but I don't see how they'd become a success? Other than pushing Ryanair out to become NO.2 on some leisure routes. Other business routes are good for them (Amsterdam, Belfast) and other good routes easyJet will fit. On Leisure routes the jury is out or at least in my jury is out.

Mind you saying that; all you need is easyJet to base 3 aircraft and they are already No.2 in the airport.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock