Eastern Airways to restart Leeds/Bradford - Southampton route from Monday, June 29th. Flights will only operate once daily MON-FRI

See press release for full details. https://www.easternairways.com/announcements/coronavirus-information

Headline Changes:

• Our scheduled network will begin to re-commence from Monday 22nd June on specific routes
  • The Humberside-Aberdeen daily return service continues throughout June
  • Extensive safety measures including nightly aircraft sanitisation and turnaround cleaning will be in-place for the protection of all passengers and staff

Coronavirus (COVID-19) reduced travel restrictions:

Due to the effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic significantly reducing and Government advice allowing for the removal of many travel restrictions, Eastern Airways has been working in conjunction with all our airport, aircraft cleaning and passenger care providers to ensure robust and appropriate measures are in-place throughout all aspects of your journey. Individual airports will detail specific measures or requirements in-place for your specific journey with us.

As a result, we are pleased to confirm following detailed planning with all our airport partners and service providers, the following scheduled services will commence on the following dates, each with an initial single daily weekday service in each direction.

Throughout June:
HUMBERSIDE - ABERDEEN (See below)

Monday 22nd June:
ABERDEEN - NEWCASTLE
ABERDEEN - TEESSIDE
ABERDEEN - SOUTHAMPTON*
SOUTHAMPTON - BELFAST CITY
SOUTHAMPTON - MANCHESTER
TEESSIDE - ABERDEEN
TEESSIDE - BELFAST CITY

Monday 29th June:
LEEDS BRADFORD - SOUTHAMPTON
TEESSIDE - SOUTHAMPTON

Monday 6th July:
TEESSIDE - LONDON CITY

Other Services:

Some services will have dates advised in the coming days, including Aberdeen-Wick, Cardiff-Anglesey, Cardiff-Teesside, Cardiff-Aberdeen, Teesside-Dublin, Southampton-Dublin in addition to a number of new services.

General Advice:

All services will continue to remain subject to the Government's and other bodies latest advice for your travel safety, especially international or cross-border services where variations in travel requirements may differ or any period of quarantine required to be adhered to.

We will require all passengers to travel with face-masks and adhere to on-board hand sanitiser usage for their own peace-of-mind and to minimise impact on fellow travellers.

We shall suspend our normal complimentary cabin service, including hot & cold drinks and bar and snack range to minimise passenger contact other than for safety related requirements until advised otherwise.

Any update to the new Teesside-Alicante start date of 17th July will be advised as above, which currently remains planned through until the 11th September as a summer seasonal programme based at Teesside International.

Cancellations due to Covid-19 travel restrictions:

If your travel plans have been affected by the temporary suspension of our scheduled flying programme since March or due the changes for the revised programme, customers can place their Eastern Airways booking reference on hold for travel to be completed within 1 year of the original travel date subject to original fare class availability and ticket conditions. If this is not suitable, we can process a refund back to the card used to make payment and this will take approximately 28 working days when we have responded to you. Email [email protected] with your booking reference as the subject field

Any passenger holding a flybe booking for an Eastern Airways operated flight should contact their card payment provider for a refund or contact the original point of sale.

Daily Humberside-Aberdeen temporary timings

We continue to operate Humberside – Aberdeen flights on a temporary, once daily weekday schedule which has continued to operate throughout and will throughout June and July as follows;.

Humberside - Aberdeen T3 7642 departs 1315 (1.15pm) MON - THU, 1045 (10.45am) FRI
Aberdeen - Humberside T3 7645 departs 1535 (3.35pm) MON - THU, 1335 (1.35pm) FRI

Currently, all tickets for travel up to the 19th June on the Humberside - Aberdeen service are now changeable subject to availability and for a change fee of £25.00 per sector plus any difference in fare for Value & Standard ticket holders or free of charge for Flexible ticket holders. This will help those key workers with offshore connections at Aberdeen.

Please note: All customer enquiries are via email only to: [email protected]

On behalf of all at Eastern Airways, we wish you to remain safe and we look forward to welcoming all customers on board again soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support./QUOTE]

Eastern Airways have just put on sale a new route from Leeds/Bradford to Newquay. The service will operate up to 5x weekly (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri) starting from July 9th using BAe Jetstream 41 aircraft. No official announcement has been made as yet.

EZE7682 = LBA 11:10 - NQY 12:35 / EZE7683 = NQY 13:10 - LBA 14:35

I’d rather Logan set up at LBA than Eastern.

Easterns track record for cancelling fights is shocking. Logans GLA only struggled on the days the weather was poor, eastern however...

Well at Eastern Airways Fares showing £89 LBA-NQY & & £81 NQY-LBA meaning £170 return, don't think many will be using that at them prices.
I fear we might need to get used to that type of pricing as capacity shrinks and airlines seek to recover their losses as part of the rebalancing exercise - I'm guessing Eastern are now full service again so it includes baggage and non BOB?

They don’t need many to fill the J41 do they?
Can they get the surf boards into the hold of a J41?
I would bet that if bookings were strong, the J41 would be upgraded to a E145, E170 or Saab2000. It makes sense I guess to start off with low capacity and see what happens.

Totally agree WH. We will take anything for now. Not many airports getting new routes or replacement routes. Probably shows how well LBA NQY performs. Not long before a Sunday rotation joins the party! It's not all doom and gloom after all...............
Teesside seem to be getting a few new routes at the moment,including London City and (by coincidence) Newquay.

One thing no one has mentioned re Eastern and that`s their appalling record of flight cancellations. They raised it to the level of art form at Leeds. I hope these new services improve on that record but the J41`s are way past their best

Fantastic to see the LBA-NQY route affectively saved by Eastern. As I've travelled down there many times with Flybe, I was encouraged to see the A/C near enough full on many occasions. Will be using Eastern for the foreseeable and for one hope its a success even if it will be a J41 from the start.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock