Yeh not good for us spotters!
But look at it from airlines point of view, there's no money to be made from flying empty aircraft around.
True. Probably a bit too early. The booking engine on Eastern's website shows 4 seats left on the first SOU flight and 5 on the first NQY flight.

There's always going to be a downturn after something like this has happened. Hopefully the NQY route might be a saviour for them and have a reasonable load factor every day they fly down there.

This is all about customer confidence. Yes a flight schedule may restart but if those passengers are not willing or ready to risk using it yet then it's empty seats. Business clients are changing their meeting thinking and are still going to be relying on the interactive options long after this is over as this offers huge cost savings. Some will still travel but it isn't going to be as many. Let's hope the leisure market bounces back quickly

I agree. The days of flying half way down the country for a business meeting are going out of fashion just like VHS and CD’s have. With the likes of Zoom, Skype and Microsoft Teams, face-to-face meetings through laptops/desktops/Ipads etc are the way forward. When you think of the cost or travelling (rail/plane fares, petrol, wasted working hours) plus adding in the environmental benefits, then I can see this becoming the new norm. Airlines that rely chiefly on business travel may therefore struggle to survive.

There will still be plenty of business people who wish to have "face to face" meetings and also for the Kudos. It may not recover to 2019 levels but there will still plenty of business for the airlines.
The reduced demand may encourage realistic flight schedules by not offering far too many seats that are required.

There will still be plenty of business people who wish to have "face to face" meetings and also for the Kudos. It may not recover to 2019 levels but there will still plenty of business for the airlines.

The value of face to face meetings hasn't gone down and is still incredibly important. If anything, doing video conference meetings since March has only reinforced that belief for me. Video conferencing is a reasonable substitute if you can't travel, but it isn't a replacement.

Winter 2020/21 Timetable for Leeds based BAe Jetstream 41

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thu,
EZE7600 = LBA 07:00 – SOU 08:15 / EZE7601 = SOU 08:50 – LBA 10:05
EZE7682 = LBA 11:10 – NQY 12:35 / EZE7683 = NQY 13:10 – LBA 14:35
EZE7606 = LBA 17:00 – SOU 18:15 / EZE7607 = SOU 18:50 – LBA 20:05
Fri
EZE7682 = LBA 11:10 – NQY 12:35 / EZE7683 = NQY 13:10 – LBA 14:35
EZE7606 = LBA 16:10 – SOU 17:25 / EZE7607 = SOU 18:00 – LBA 19:15
Sun
EZE7606 = LBA 16:10 – SOU 17:25 / EZE7607 = SOU 18:00 – LBA 19:15

The value of face to face meetings hasn't gone down and is still incredibly important. If anything, doing video conference meetings since March has only reinforced that belief for me. Video conferencing is a reasonable substitute if you can't travel, but it isn't a replacement.
I would definitely agree with that. Zoom calls just aren't the same. They're not a replacement for face to face meetings.

Not strictly LBA related but Eastern have the go ahead to start MME / LHR flights from September - theres been a big announcement from the mayor up there (presumably with deep pockets) - I wonder if they are looking at LBA (as its more established but has high connecting traffic) but to succeed it needs a code share and an early morning departure - an E170 would do the job pretty well.

I just had a look at their booking engine mid September and these flights and times were available:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 12.02.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 12.02.38.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 18
Eastern Airways new MME-LHR £110 cheapest return v compared to when British Airways was running LBA-LHR at £69 return plus Avios & lounge benefits

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts, not brilliant times for business or connecting and risky to connect on separate tickets plus it operates into Heathrow terminal 2. If long haul start recover it will offer opportunity for quite a few PM outbound & AM inbound connections but you'll miss most of the US west coast, DFW and ORD, possibly MIA. You'll be waiting hours for connecting night flights to Far East, whilst return from most of the US and far/Middle East again you'll be waiting several hours for you connection home.

Also if your a local in the area, surely you must be asking yourselves how much all this public investment into Eastern Airways is costing the Tees Valley Mayor? Handling fees & slots at Heathrow don't come cheap..

MME is geographicially in a more viable geographic location than LBA for an LHR service but here's hoping T3 will try an LBA service.
MME is only about 40miles further north than LBA, NCL is a big threat to the MME heathrow route, but LBA has a massive catchment area plus a more suitable genre of passenger on the whole. Makes you wonder yet again how a little airport in a far smaller catchment area can attract a heathrow service but yet BA pull out of LBA and we get no replacement, although covid has been a factor

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock