Biman have confirmed they will restart operations to MAN as of 26th Jan, using Boeing 777-200 equipment. They will route DAC - MAN - JFK - MAN - DAC.

(BG011) DAC-MAN Arr: 1530 (Sat/Tue) Dep: 1700

(BG012) JFK-MAN Arr: 1100 (Sun/Wed) Dep: 1230

lbaspotter said:
Did this service recommence?

Unfortunately not. They have now re-scheduled with the airport to put the re-commencement date back to the 28th March 2010. The main reason for delays was due to not getting clearance into JFK, but also due to the later than planned arrival of the B777. This should also give the airline the time to sort out their new B777 ready for service.

Also, they now plan to operate their flights out of MAN from T2 instead of T1, which was planned before the setback.

Type Rated B767 said:
lbaspotter said:
Did this service recommence?

Unfortunately not. They have now re-scheduled with the airport to put the re-commencement date back to the 28th March 2010. The main reason for delays was due to not getting clearance into JFK, but also due to the later than planned arrival of the B777. This should also give the airline the time to sort out their new B777 ready for service.

Also, they now plan to operate their flights out of MAN from T2 instead of T1, which was planned before the setback.

Thought I was right, I had also noticed there flights where missing from the Manchester daily logs which get sent to me via email.. But Thanks again for the update again Type Rated.

What a surprise. The Airline has now come forward and admitted, their new service is unlikely to commence this year, although they have "re-assured" the airport it will be going ahead next year...

...We shall see...

Apparently Andrew Harrison from MAN has stated internally that from 2nd November, Biman Bangladesh will start a 2 weekly DAC-LHR-MAN-DAC service, and then after a month, (presumably when the rights have been given to them again), they will start a 2 weekly DAC-MAN-JFK and return service instead. Both sets of flights will use the B777-300. Obviously, this is very much subject to change! :D

Schedules for Biman Bangladesh now online:

BG016 LHR1650 – 1750MAN1920 – 1150+1DAC1330+1 – 1410+1ZYL 777 3
BG018 LHR1755 – 1855MAN2025 – 1255+1DAC1430+1 – 1510+1ZYL 777 6

Flights will be B777-300ER, and will change to DAC-MAN-JFK-MAN-DAC once second aircraft is delivered.

Also some online agencies taking bookings, but, it is not on actual Biman website yet.

I also stand corrected, the flights are now fully bookable on the Biman Bangladesh website.

I notice the Manchester office has re-appeared on the Biman Bangladesh website (on Portland Street).
While I don't know if it ever closed, it was certainly removed from the website for a while, not sure when it was re-added?

According to their newly updated route map on the website, Biman look to be aiming for a DAC-MAN-JFK flight again.

That would make 4 scheduled airlines using MAN as a stop off to the USA, no other airport in Europe has that to my knowledge, so, see,s we are doing something right.

According to their newly updated route map on the website, Biman look to be aiming for a DAC-MAN-JFK flight again.

That would make 4 scheduled airlines using MAN as a stop off to the USA, no other airport in Europe has that to my knowledge, so, see,s we are doing something right.
Wow, could you put the map on here please? DO you know any more information?

346n9rq.jpg

After Manchester appeared in the in flight route map, and not knowing if it was a mistake (could have been an old map inserted by accident), the CEO of Biman has now confirmed Manchester is going to be relaunched.

In an interview about cargo, He said new destinations would be launched in 3 tiers. New short hail routes, then mid haul (such as Tokyo and Hong Kong), then long haul (referencing specifically Manchester, New York and Rome).

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock