http://www.itv.com/news/2018-07-09/london-city-airport-may-seek-permission-for-more-flights/

I believe the idea is that the weekend slots would be used for leisure rather than business routes.

Thanks for the link. If that does happen - which I am sure LCY would like but which the residents and councils around there would strongly oppose - it certainly wouldn't be in place by next summer so there is no link between the suggestion above re summer MAN flights and this.

All I can add in support of the BA rumour is this screenshot:
View attachment 9283

Note the reference to British Airways (operated by Titan Airways). This is therefore not one of the current BA Cityflyer operation.

Only time will tell, however this is an indicator that possible moves are afoot.

Someone has posted elsewhere that Titan will be operating those routes on the 9th and 10th August only on behalf of Cityflyer.

Someone has posted elsewhere that Titan will be operating those routes on the 9th and 10th August only on behalf of Cityflyer.

Yes, looks like this is what is happening. A one off Titan operating for BA cityflyer on those dates, by 16 August it is back to BA cityflyer operating. It is not an indication of anything else.

Note the reference to British Airways (operated by Titan Airways). This is therefore not one of the current BA Cityflyer operation.

If you look at all MAN-IBZ/AGP/PMI etc. flights on the oneworld website (or indeed any exLCY flights) they all show up as "British Airways Operated by BA Cityflyer". If you look at LCY-AMS for example it says "British Airways (Operated by BA Cityflyer)", that doesn't mean it is a BA mainline flight though.

What you have highlighted is not a BA mainline flight. It is a BA Cityflyer flight operated by Titan.

S19 changes for BACF

MANCHESTER (CITYFLYER)

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Malaga (AGP) - BA7317/7318 cancelled between 17 May and 27 September 2019. Customers will be moved onto flights on the same route on the following day.
Ibiza (IBZ) - BA7312 cancelled between 18 May and 28 September 2019 & BA7313 cancelled between 17 May and 27 September 2019 & BA7314 cancelled between 19 May and 29 September 2019 & BA7315 cancelled between 17 May and 28 September 2019 & BA7316 cancelled between 16 May and 29 September 2019

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Manchester (MAN) - BA7310 cancelled between 16 May and 26 September 2019 & BA7337 cancelled between 19 May and 22 September 2019

S19 changes for BACF

MANCHESTER (CITYFLYER)

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Malaga (AGP) - BA7317/7318 cancelled between 17 May and 27 September 2019. Customers will be moved onto flights on the same route on the following day.
Ibiza (IBZ) - BA7312 cancelled between 18 May and 28 September 2019 & BA7313 cancelled between 17 May and 27 September 2019 & BA7314 cancelled between 19 May and 29 September 2019 & BA7315 cancelled between 17 May and 28 September 2019 & BA7316 cancelled between 16 May and 29 September 2019

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Manchester (MAN) - BA7310 cancelled between 16 May and 26 September 2019 & BA7337 cancelled between 19 May and 22 September 2019
Could this be due to the Titan Airways change discussed above?

Thanks for the heads up. Manchester appears to have been lucky, in relation to the BHX/BRS cut backs, if it is only going to be losing what appears to be a single aircraft over a weekend (I've not looked at the full programme and so this is only a thought).

I decided it was time, after all the "grumpiness" on other forums to look at what CityFlyer may be offering from Manchester in Summer 2019.

Certain things have to be remember:

* Destinations are those flown to in S18
* Slot allocations have not yet been published for S19View attachment 10509
A couple of observations:

On a Friday 2 flights position in, from London City and Dublin, but where does the aircraft come from to operate the Palma at 1315hrs?
BA7313 departs to Ibiza on a Sunday but never comes back!

The programme is definitely "work in progress".

Once the Start of Season Report for S19 is released by ACL I'll let you have more information and thoughts.

Time for me to start to relook at the BACF programme for S19. As I understand it there will still be 4 aircraft overnighting on a Saturday.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock