Advertisement

Boeing Industries

Advertisement

Bigman

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
So it looks like Boeing have got their way as far as the Bombardier ruling is concerned. If Boeing are going to penalise Bombardier, I wonder if certain European airlines could rally round and stop buying Boeing aircraft and switch to Airbus instead?

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Don't think it'll effect anything over here but it could give Airbus and Embraer a boost in the US.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE

60 Minutes Australia production where reporter Liz Hayes investigates the disaster of Boeing’s 737 MAX. The video contains scenes some users may find distressing.

bluebols

Apr 25, 2014
Wow, personally if they find a remedy I will not be using this aircraft for a good number of years after reading this.

Seasider

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
I think that there will have to be a system whereby the pilot can turn off the computer and fly it manually. Will it happen?

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
I think that there will have to be a system whereby the pilot can turn off the computer and fly it manually. Will it happen?
They already can.

Boeings are much less automated than Airbus. The issue is not the automation, the issue is letting the pilots know when the automation is doing something, and ensuring that there are logic safeguards to prevent the automation from doing something detrimental - Boeing did not get these right whereas Airbus does seem to.

Advertisement

Top Bottom