Boeing Industries

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
By doing this do they risk the whole 737 series going toxic in the public eye if they can't distinguish between the variants? I for one would be very unhappy to fly on any 737 not knowing which type it is.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
By doing this do they risk the whole 737 series going toxic in the public eye if they can't distinguish between the variants? I for one would be very unhappy to fly on any 737 not knowing which type it is.
I think it's clever marketing as 99% of flyers won't know the difference, my sister for example is a much more frequent flyer than me and wouldn't have a clue between the difference between an airbus or boeing let alone a 737 800 or a 737 8. The MAX name has become toxic, drop that and people will just think they are normal 737s and generally forget the name MAX.

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
I agree with Jerry, obviously people on here are clued up and can make informed decisions re aircraft type but Joe public mostly will not have a clue for example my wife has probably flown on 100 plus trips with me over the years and the only aircraft she ever regonised was a jumbo.

In all probability when Boeing sort out the MAX which they absolutely have to it will likely be the safest thing in the sky.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
The "Dreamliner" has some bad press lately too. Boeing have some seriously hard work to do to improve their street cred again.

Advertisement

Top Bottom