Infrastructure, Construction & Developments

Advertisement

In your opinion what new on-site development would best serve LBA?

• Runway extension

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Full length parallel taxiway

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • New terminal

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net

Attachments

Last edited:

XEROX

Jan 15, 2009
........."The planned new facility will span 3 floors and cover 365,972 sq ft"

Amazing news, :wtf: !! . This will make it about 10x smaller then Heathrow T5? begs the question what will happen to the terminal they demolish, will that be used for car park space or a future terminal 2?......so many questions,

mode1

Nov 13, 2010
This is what just about everyone on here has been saying that it should have been done over ten years ago now. Whilst this is to be celebrated why do I feel this new plan will hit a lot of objections and drawn out enquiries?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Its fantastic news. My only concern is we've had two cancelled projects already. Crossing fingers and toes for this one.shell-building-roanoke.jpg

So this is the size we are talking about but over three floors.

Last edited:

Hendi

Jan 12, 2018
Leeds
I mean that is impressive and I really hope it comes through, makes white heathers committee meeting more interesting hope we get abit more info on it... however I'm not getting too excited as anything we here about developments at lba someone throws obstacles in the way and im sure all the anti airport campaigners will be out in full force on this one! hope it happens as it's the only way we can really get the airport to expand, I guess the apron will have to be re worked/expanded too to accommodate this new building.

Finger66

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
Yes. No real point in having the capacity to handle more pax if there is nowhere to park the planes. The two have to go hand in hand. I too seriously hope this happens and it certainly would take away from the recent doom and gloom. The region could finally be getting an airport fit for purpose

Bigman

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
If they do flatten the old terminal, then surely this gives scope for stands 1-4 to be extended back to cater for larger aircraft. We would of course in the process get stands 2 and 4 back in use at long last. And don't forget, extra terminal capacity is probably what is stopping Jet2 popping the odd A330 in due to the current arrivals clogging up.

Hendi

Jan 12, 2018
Leeds
It says demolish the old terminal, my opinion would be that includes the tower a new one would have to be built, I want to know how strict is leeds city councils planning is, and are they been optimistic in saying the hope to begin construction later this year!

Top Bottom