Labour councillor dropped a leaflet with propaganda straight from the group that shall not be mentioned "extended and more flying overnight".

A patronising condescending email has been sent to the candidate to explain you need more stands to increase overnight flying it's basic common sense (something the group that shall not be mentioned and Labour really do lack). I've asked if they are taking money from the group that shall not be mentioned to spout the BS and why their colleagues in Manchester are sensible enough to just crack on as opposed to Leeds labour councillors/MP's who just have 0 vision for this city and region. Also that "carbon free" is just as destructive as the current carbon levels. Basic primary school knowledge tells you plants/trees/nature needs an element of carbon.

Safe to say he knows I'll never be voting for Tory's in all but name and colour for a very very long time.

Email has also gone to Lib Dem to get his views.

Last edited:
Thought I'd pop in to say hello in the viper's nest so to speak. Now I know where all these likes are coming from on the Wharfedale Observer, and it's Wheatpeas, not Whitepeas!!
What are you, the chief troll. At least we are local, and therefore more representative of the readership of the Wharfedale Observer.

Last edited:
Who is Barry Wheatpeas? This one comes from Lancashire according to the profile not that all LBA opponents are from the Leeds-Bradford area.

It was ever thus. In the past Bristol Airport's local authority has received formal objection submissions from as far away as Australia when that airport has applied for planning permission in the past, clearly part of an orchestrated environmental campaign. I doubt that these objectors had previously even heard of Bristol let alone its airport.

So, who and what is the 'ranting' Barry Wheatpeas

Barry Wheatpeas AKA Extinction Rebellion, the group that shall not be mentioned or whoever he works for, trolls the Internet to push his agenda and propaganda for the anti airport brigade. I do believe Barry Wheatpeas is just one of many alter egos he poses as depending on the media source he uses.

Barry Wheatpeas AKA Extinction Rebellion, the group that shall not be mentioned or whoever he works for, trolls the Internet to push his agenda and propaganda for the anti airport brigade. I do believe Barry Wheatpeas is just one of many alter egos he poses as depending on the media source he uses.

Spouting the same crap over & over & over & over again? Reckon it's not just a computer system with a few clicks things pre-written sentences & paragraphs are put onto the media sources etc.

They really are desperate. :ROFLMAO:

Many thanks, Aviador.

What are you, the chief troll. At least we are local, and therefore more representative of the readership of the Wharfedale Observer.
Well, thanks very much for the welcome. If I was a troll, I would be baiting you. Since I'm not, and in view that this will be my last post, please feel free to ban/delete me.

Just to put a few things straight. I don't work for, or represent XR, Greenpeas :) or the group that shall not be mentioned. If I lived in Leeds you would probably call me a NiMBY, and I actually believe airport expansion is bad for the environment which I guess doesn't go down too well round these parts. I came here to find out who has been infiltrating, manipulating, and spinning local sentiment on the Wharfedale Observer website comments section. Now this is abundantly clear thanks to LBAYORKIE (aka ARM1 on WO website), my work here is done.

Salut!

Well, thanks very much for the welcome. If I was a troll, I would be baiting you. Since I'm not, and in view that this will be my last post, please feel free to ban/delete me.

Just to put a few things straight. I don't work for, or represent XR, Greenpeas :) or the group that shall not be mentioned. If I lived in Leeds you would probably call me a NiMBY, and I actually believe airport expansion is bad for the environment which I guess doesn't go down too well round these parts. I came here to find out who has been infiltrating, manipulating, and spinning local sentiment on the Wharfedale Observer website comments section. Now this is abundantly clear thanks to LBAYORKIE (aka ARM1 on WO website), my work here is done.

Salut!
It really doesn't say much about your argument if you are not prepared to justify your position. Instead you take fright and run away when confronted by people with an opposite point of view.

What steps have you taken, for instance, to express your opposition to the proposed massive growth in airport numbers in such countries as India and China? Or is it only UK aviation that is bad for the environment?

The Wharfedale Observer had no influence from us. For example it had already achieved a significant positive public opinion without any of us. Just to be clear, we don't go spreading misinformation, but we do monitor yours!

If we were to believe what you say (which we don't) you claim the new terminal will be no good for the environment, yet you fail to understand that without the new terminal LBA can (and probably will if left with no other option) just extend the terminal with the current planning consent. That consent only expires when full concent is granted for the new terminal.

If you prefer an ugly terminal building that isn't carbon neutral which allows the same growth, then of course carry on.

We just want a sensible outcome, sensible for business, jobs and the environment. We recognise aviation needs to do its bit, but we also need jobs.

We also know the other 98% of global contributions to co2 account for nearly all co2. You and your green lobbiests use aviation because of its international nature, in the same way terrorism uses aviation for maximum effect which itself is a dirty tactic.

Last edited:
If I lived in Leeds you would probably call me a NiMBY, and I actually believe airport expansion is bad for the environment which I guess doesn't go down too well round these parts.

You are aware aren't you that this is under no circumstance any airport expansion project? It is a terminal renewal something that has long been needed. It really should have happened 2003. But alas here we are nearly 18 years later.

You are aware aren't you that this is under no circumstance any airport expansion project? It is a terminal renewal something that has long been needed. It really should have happened 2003. But alas here we are nearly 18 years later.
If he lived locally and didn't resort to reeling off the usual anti aviation nonsense. (without bothering to check his facts) he might gain some respect, but these people don't.

Franky I will be happy if he does go away. I am sure there's another airport somewhere that he can take issue with for growing and expanding. Manchester perhaps? Or possibly he has tried that and found that they simply take no notice.

Thats because he contributes to the misinformation!

To add to that, LBA is largely made of porta cabins and tents. It's not even a case of, it would be a nice to have. It's needed.

I'm also keen to understand why someone who claims they are from Lancashire and has nothing to do with the group that shall not be mentioned has such a keen interest in what's happening over the hill, yet his blinkered eyes don't have anything to say regarding Manchester airports transformation project which dwarfs the scale of LBA.

If LBA were to have a fair share of flights, if that's what government policy eventually moves to, LBA will still be considerably busier than it was in 2019.

In more misinformation spouted by the anti airport lobby, they claim "the new terminal will not withstand the pandemic and therefore there's no need for a new terminal". There is no doubt covid has brought the most challenging time aviation has ever seen. Aviation will bounce back but if the green lobby are to be believed then they have nothing to worry about. They can relax and go back to growing peas.

Interestingly the power required for your computer or phone uses considerably more co2 globally that aviation does, or ever will yet the misinformation continues from such devices. Classic do as I say, not as I do.

By the way just for clarification, we support Manchester Airport too as it was also in a desperate state of renewal.

I came here to find out who has been infiltrating, manipulating, and spinning local sentiment on the Wharfedale Observer website comments section.

Theres so much irony in this statement, it’s actually laughable.

I mean, to accuse of ‘infiltration’, when a person has purposefully signed up to a forum to do the same. That’s marker one.

‘manipulation’ when you live outside of the area yet pushing your own agenda despite it being essentially ‘non of your concern’ in the broader sense. That’s marker two.

and then

‘local sentiment’. Yes, it’s locals commenting on something that’s important to them. It’s more than can be said for the poster in question. Marker three

clearly some people’s education and complete lack of awareness is actually quite astounding. Some people don’t deserve internet allowances.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock