Personally I can't stand dreamliner windows as I enjoy photography. Flew a clapped out B763 recently and all was good! A330 aren't great with the crappy IFE boxes taking up valuable foot space. Each to their own I guess

I read an article this morning that states that all of American Airlines 767 fleet will be withdrawn from service by May '20 and the 757 fleet will be phased withdrawn by mid 2021. This was brought about by the spread of the headline maker.

A fond farewell to five fantastic fleets

Last month, American Airlines announced plans to accelerate the retirement of some older, less fuel-efficient aircraft from its fleet sooner than originally planned. As flying schedules and aircraft needs are fine-tuned during this period of record low demand, American will take the unique step of retiring a total of five aircraft types.

American has officially retired the Embraer E190 and Boeing 767 fleets, which were originally scheduled to retire by the end of 2020. The airline has also accelerated the retirement of its Boeing 757s and Airbus A330-300s. Additionally, American is retiring 19 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft operated by PSA Airlines.

No real surprise about American and the other US carriers quitting the UK Regions, it was always going to happen.
Scotland being the exception as lots of inbound US tourists.
But as always Manchester has another airline coming in, this time Aer Lingus UK so they can only benefit from this and will probably consider a PHL service.
Both airlines are IAG and they know the demand to PHL was there.
Plus MAN have Virgin growing their base.
So for a UK Regional still in a very good place for US services.

Unfortunately no American in 2024. Did feel that this would be a 2025 resumption given A321XLR delays.
Alongside that, looks like no new Aer Lingus TATL routes in 2024 either !

I'll be using Virgin for my next outing to the U.S. !!

The destinations AA have chosen show they are still focused on outbound tourism. Very little development of business routes or ordinary point to point traffic from the US airlines.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock