This all but confirms the shorter season AA will operate ORD-MAN.

MAR 0.3>0
APR 1.0>0
MAY 1.0>0
JUN 1.0>0.8

I'm intrigued to know which version of OAG he uses as I looked on OAG and the MAN-ORD is still there for March-June. Not doubting it has been reduced, but confused.

Since the start of the summer season, AA have been operating an A330-300 on the Philadelphia routes - in place of the -200. The -300 variant will also operate tomorrow’s flight too. It hasn’t operated the route regularly since the route was propped up by significant Astra Zeneca traffic.

My sister flew American Airlines to Philadelphia this morning departing at 10.55, she's currently now flying from PHL to SFO on an A330 200 which is the aircraft in the photo.
Overall she had a good experience, she said check in and bag drop were quite slow and were self service but after that she said everything was excellent (i forgot to ask what terminal she was flying from). She was impressed with AA themselves with the A330 300 being brand new, the seats leather and quite comfortable and the onboard service and IFE being pretty good as well with a good choice of films.
View attachment 8369 View attachment 8370

How did she find the transfer? As Philadelphia was by far the easiest US airport I’ve ever arrived at. I took the MAN-PHL flight last summer and was in my hotel in the city less than an hour after landing.

Philadelphia will certainly be my preferred choice of transfer airport in the future.

How did she find the transfer? As Philadelphia was by far the easiest US airport I’ve ever arrived at. I took the MAN-PHL flight last summer and was in my hotel in the city less than an hour after landing.

Philadelphia will certainly be my preferred choice of transfer airport in the future.
I don't know yet. I'll ask her later and get back to you.

She said the transfer was great and that the airport was far easier to transit than she thought it would be.

She said the price was really good on it as well which is why she choose it over the options available. £650 for a return i think she said it was.

AA to ORD

With just 2 weeks before ORD returns for a short summer season, I checked the seat plans to get an indication of how loads were looking on the early flights.

The B788 config. is 28/55/143, so 226 seats in total. Perhaps surprisingly, the first 4 inbound loads appear higher than outbound.

Outbound from Fri 8 June - Mon 11 June:

Inbound:

Only an indication as I say and with 2 weeks to go, it will be interesting to see what the final figures are.

Incidentally, perhaps with ORD resuming so late, AA seem to have been getting rather better pax numbers on their PHL. 247 seats on the A332 with PE, and generally there have been over 180 in the last couple of weeks and sometimes well over 200. 80% LF would be 198.
From memory, it's an improvement on previous years at this time of year.

As others have said, it looks as if PHL is the route AA may stick with.

They tried the B788 2 summers ago but it proved unreliable and there were too many cancellations. As I recall, last summer was back to the B763. As far as I know, the B788 is scheduled for all of what is a very short 13 week season. Whether it returns next year is a moot question.

Meant to mention that from those early seat plans, J class looked fairly well supported.

Flew ORD-MAN mid June last year. When booked it was a 787, then a 763, and by the time I flew it was down to the 752.

If you were on an AA ticket and (like me) you would prefer not to be doing a TATL flight on a 757 AA will allow you to change your itinerary for free due to the equipment change - so you could have done MAN-PHL-ORD or MAN-LHR-ORD if you wanted.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock