TUi Airlines UK

ROC10

Jan 1, 2019
UK
Is it just me who finds it odd that TUI seem to be offering very little to Cyprus for the upcoming winter when it (for now) is probably one of the only destinations they’ll actually be able to go to? Canaries flights seem to be scheduled almost as normal from most bases when I think most of us now realise the likelihood of this happening is slim. Yet there has been very little for Cyprus in this latter part of S20 (nothing from CWL) and there are no planned Cyprus flights from any TUI bases in December, January or February, with very limited flights in November and a planned restart from March/April. I understand the Cyprus rules are fairly strict regarding testing and subsequent quarantine, but surely it’s better than the blanket quarantine that’s in force for pretty much every other destination?

Advertisement

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Last year they operated Paphos in November and December and returned at the end of February but don't seem this year. Without the Canaries operating I can see them effectively being on shutdown for the winter.

Foxlimayankee

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2017
South
Is it just me who finds it odd that TUI seem to be offering very little to Cyprus for the upcoming winter when it (for now) is probably one of the only destinations they’ll actually be able to go to? Canaries flights seem to be scheduled almost as normal from most bases when I think most of us now realise the likelihood of this happening is slim. Yet there has been very little for Cyprus in this latter part of S20 (nothing from CWL) and there are no planned Cyprus flights from any TUI bases in December, January or February, with very limited flights in November and a planned restart from March/April. I understand the Cyprus rules are fairly strict regarding testing and subsequent quarantine, but surely it’s better than the blanket quarantine that’s in force for pretty much every other destination?
It would certainly make sense to maximise offerings to destinations not under restrictions, but dpn't forget they are a package operator, so it may not be as simple as just offering flights. There may not be the hotels available. Some hotel operators may shut down for winter meaning less availability.

ROC10

Jan 1, 2019
UK
It would certainly make sense to maximise offerings to destinations not under restrictions, but dpn't forget they are a package operator, so it may not be as simple as just offering flights. There may not be the hotels available. Some hotel operators may shut down for winter meaning less availability.
That’s a good point and may well be partly the case. But they still seem to be offering considerably less capacity to Cyprus this year than normal.

Obviously in this situation, fewer people will be looking to travel, but when it’s the only option they really have, it’s still slightly surprising they aren’t trying to offer more capacity. I’m sure the industry in Cyprus would like to see that also.

I hate to say it but I agree that this winter could be a near or complete shutdown for TUI (and possibly others).

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I hate to say it but I agree that this winter could be a near or complete shutdown for TUI (and possibly others).
Probably the only way that will save many companies like them.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
TUI have released winter 2021/22
Tenerife is 3 weekly
Lanzarote 2 weekly
Alicante 2 weekly
Gran Canaria 1 weekly
Malaga 1 weekly
Sharm el Sheikh 1 weekly
Mondays Tenerife flight is non based and I expect Sharm will get dropped.

Advertisement

Top Bottom