backtrack

Jun 24, 2009
Leeds, UK
Movements & Heads Up

Todays see's I-DISA, an Alitalia Boeing 777-200LR position in from FCO, at 14.50. Not sure as yet of its outbound...has been mentioned a winter charter, but not confirmed.

Re: Movements & Heads Up

I-DISA ended up on arrival going to the Air Livery hangar for a new coat of paint. The Boeing 777 is expected to be fully resprayed in a weeks time.

Livingston Energy Flight Airbus A321-200 EI-LVD, arrived this morning from Milan, carrying the AC Milan football team for tonights game against Manchester United.

[rimg]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs509.snc3/26746_389179392094_639657094_5524939_1795273_n.jpg[/rimg]

This Sunday (16th May) is expected to see a fly past by a Lancaster Bomber at 16.30.

Sunday 23rd May, Manchester is expected to see a Qantas Boeing 747-400 visit, as it routes via MAN. Its routing is taking LHR - MAN - BKK - SYD.

It is expected to land on sunday at 20.20 and departs three hours later. Passengers will be taken to the holding lounge for the three hour stop at MAN.

pilot_ben said:
Any reason for this routing?

Its an additional flight put on by the airline, one off though, one which demand was high for at the time, possibly to do with the ash cloud situation of late, im not sure.

HB-IHS of Belair, a Boeing 757-200 came into MAN 30th May 2010, to operate flights on behlaf of the Thomson aircraft G-OOBP, whilst it is out of service.
29981_434900722094_639657094_6227709_53728_n.jpg

Some interesting visitors to look out for, if your near MAN on any of these dates be worth a photo or two.

Kalitta Airlines: 17th June in at 0330 from EWR. Out at 1800 to PHL > JFK on a B744F
Virgin Atlantic: 1st August in at 1305 from IAD. Out at 1430 to LHR on a A346 (VS9910)
Turkish Airlines: 11th July in at 0800 from IST. Out at 1030 to ORD on a B773 (TK3111)
Turkish Airlines: 31st July in at 1705 from GDL. Out at 1850 to IST on a B773 (TK3112)
Qantas: 15th August in at 1750 as QF6022 from LHR. Out to BKK > SYD as QF2 at 2045 on B744

I wish I had the time to get over to Manchester. I can't believe I still haven't seen an A340.

Really...? That surprises me. You must make a visit... that -600 of one hell of a beast!

I wish I had the time to get over to Manchester. I can't believe I still haven't seen an A340.

Really...? That surprises me. You must make a visit... that -600 of one hell of a beast!

I've been to Man a fair few times and only once have I seen a 340 there, and that one just said 340 on it, not 340-600.

I was there yesterday and there was a birdstrike on a landing Qatar jet. I didn't see anything hit but heard it on my scanner. I watched as the next two landings by a Thomson and a Jet2 were aborted and watched as someone drove onto the runway and went round picking up what must have been bird debris.

The 380 starts services there in September so that's a date for the diary!

This MD80 of Blue Line (F-GMLI) arrived yesterday, 11th July, morning to pick up the Manchester city team to take them out to Portland, USA.

[rimg]http://tasreports.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/f-gmli-blue-line-md80-w.jpg?w=630&h=329[/rimg]

Manchester United (not city) had to go one better didnt they. They flew out today, 12th July, to the USA onboard this Turkish Airlines Boeing 777-300, TC-JJC.

[rimg]http://tasreports.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/tc-jjc-turkish-airlines-b777-300-w.jpg?w=630&h=329[/rimg]

With the money City have you'd have thought they'd have gotten Concorde back into service to fly them out!!
And with Utd's huge debt wouldn't Easyjet have been more appropriate? :LOL:

A Transaero Boeing 747-200 was expected to land last week, to go to the TCX hangar for maintenance. However, the aircraft diverted into Filton, due to "unresolved payment issues with the MAG".

This Qatar Air Force C-17 globemaster, (A7-MAA) arrived into Manchester a couple of days ago and the aircraft night stopped. They did not reveal the reason for their visit.

[rimg]http://tasreports.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/a7maa_4820t.jpg?w=640&h=427[/rimg]

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

Latest profile posts

My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock