27th seems a strange day to start, unless they want to take advantage of the bank holiday break. Also a lot of discussion on the other forum about the possibility of Eastern taking on the Jersey route, the J41 would be ideal to restart the route.

Are Global Trek the new handling agents for Eastern Airways, I see the J41 for tomorrows service is parked on stand 1, with Global Trek. They seem to be the busiest people at CWL, and have been kept busier than any else at CWL during the restrictions, perhaps they could take over the ground handling at CWL for all airlines, if Swissair fail to show much interest.

Are Global Trek the new handling agents for Eastern Airways, I see the J41 for tomorrows service is parked on stand 1, with Global Trek. They seem to be the busiest people at CWL, and have been kept busier than any else at CWL during the restrictions, perhaps they could take over the ground handling at CWL for all airlines, if Swissair fail to show much interest.
Global do handle Eastern for football charters etc not sure they would for scheduled flights though.

I know they have been handling a lot of the football and rugby charters on the Cambrian apron, it just seemed strange to see them handling a scheduled flight on the stands, although they have used stand 17 quite a few times for the larger American Navy planes.

I know they have been handling a lot of the football and rugby charters on the Cambrian apron, it just seemed strange to see them handling a scheduled flight on the stands, although they have used stand 17 quite a few times for the larger American Navy planes.
Could be covering for Swissport until things pick up in June?

Just booked Eastern Airways Cardiff to Belfast City for September. I noticed how their website and booking system is better but there's no seat selection available. £81 one way so not too bad considering it's Eastern! Flying BA then from Belfast City to Leeds on the afternoon flight on their Cityflyer E190. Combining visiting my sister with a trip for my channel.

If the aircraft being used is the J41 then they will sit you in the seat as you board. This is what they did when I flew to Anglesey back in 2019 when I went to visit my brother who lives up there.

If the aircraft being used is the J41 then they will sit you in the seat as you board. This is what they did when I flew to Anglesey back in 2019 when I went to visit my brother who lives up there.
If i remember before though they used to have seat selection available but that might have been under Flybe or just after Flybe went bust so it's possible they've decided to get rid of that now and allocate at check in.

It appears that flights for Tuesdays and Wednesdays have been taken offsale and it looks like Monday is a 0745 departure now.

Checked Anglesey and it looks like flights have been taken offsale. I'm sure before that they'd been put back until October.

I don't think the Tuesday and Wednesday flights have not operated for sometime, the Valley flights were due to start on 6th September but they are not shown on CWL website, so you must be correct Jerry. The Eastern Airways timetable must be way out of date as their Belfast flights are shown as M, T, W, Thur.

It'll be interesting to see IF Anglesey doesn't return whether Eastern Airways stay at Cardiff or not.

It'll be interesting to see IF Anglesey doesn't return whether Eastern Airways stay at Cardiff or not.

You’re probably right. If the subsidy stops for them then I’ve no doubt they may make a sharp exit and move the aircraft elsewhere, unless of course they are committed to Belfast and potentially other routes…

I am surprised that CWL marketing have not published the fact that Eastern to BHD is double daily on Fridays and Sundays, unless it is only for a short trial period , things do seem to be going in the right direction gradually for CWL.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock