U

User0001

At long last, the Saudi flights are bookable from Manchester:

SV123 JED 0330 MAN 0815
SV124 MAN 1200 JED 2000

B777 from 1st April on Tue, Wed and Sun.

Bookable and confirmed on all platforms.

Summer 2014 looking good from Manchester.

Always good to have new long haul away from London.

What type of aircraft will be used?

Addendum

Sorry, just noticed it's the B 777.

B777-200ER with First, Business, premium economy and Economy.

This is the 3rd airline to regularly fly in a First class cabin to Manchester, after Singapore Airlines and Emirates.

What's the take-up like in First out of MAN on the airlines currently operating?

They seem to be quite good.

Singapore has 8 seats each way per day, and on average there are between 2 and 4 booked, but it is helped by Munich which helps fill that cabin. What is interesting to note, that over the past few weeks, MAN has pretty much filled the B77W on the outbounds, leaving about 10 seats for Munich passengers. Not bad.

Emirates does very well, bear in mind there is no destination to split with. It offers 30 seats per day each way, and there are many days the EK18 and 20 is full, so we know right off there that all F seats are sold.

It will be interesting to see how Saudia do. They will do well on cargo, as they often send B747F's into MAN. The loads were ok last time around, but, they switched their European strategy to use A320's which were useless for cargo and also unable to reach MAN with a decent load. The fact MAN is now one of their few European B777 routes shows they are expecting good things.

Thank you, again.

Saudia will use the larger and newer B777-300ER on selected flights this summer.

Will be interesting to know if this is a proactive fight back to flynas, advance bookings or an advance tech swap.

Saudia Airlines start tomorrow and already the first 3 outbounds are oversold, and the next few after that only have 2-3 Business seats and 5 First seats available.

I was worried FlyNas would be a threat to Saudia, but it looks like they are going to be fine. The days that the larger B777-300ER will be used are already close to full.

Saudia used B777-300ER HZ-AK11 on todays SV123/124 flight, and apparently was overbooked!

Saudia will increase Manchester-Jeddah to 5 weekly from 30th October.

Flights are now bookable in GDS but not on the website yet.

SV123 JED 0330 MAN 0815
SV124 MAN 1200 JED 2000

Daily ex Wed/Fri B77L on all flights except Monday which is showing B77W at this time.

There is also a Saudia B747-400F due tomorrow (8th).

Any idea when the freighter is due to arrive / depart as due to work commitments it might be a dash to the airport or a dangling out of the window job, as long as the right runways are in operation. Knowing my luck it'll arrive on 05 and depart on 23

Saudia have upgraded the Sundays flight from the B77L to the B77W, almost doubling capacity.

Yesterdays flight arrived 100% full and departed about 95% full.

Makes you wonder why Flynas had such issues getting anywhere near triple figures on MAN flights?

Conflicting reports for Saudia but it appears MAN-JED will now continue to operate at x3 weekly and flights will now be Tue/Thu/Sat now as opposed to Sun. Equipment remains to be a mix of 772/L . The first class offering will be suspended from 18th Dec to 31st Jan.

The first class offering will be suspended from 18th Dec to 31st Jan

First class is still to be offered on the Tue and Sat flights, 2 class B77L operates on Thursday only.

Saudia this sunday in down to be a B773 and during December and January the Thursday flight is currently down to be operated by the B772 from the ranges HZ-AKN to AKW :LOL:

For the month of December, MAN-JED will be 4 weekly with an extra Monday flight.

For the month of March, a 4th weekly on Saturdays will operate.

Flights are confirmed on their website.

They have a slightly erratic schedule for the rest of the month. November sees sat flight instead of Sunday, then Dec-March sees 4 weekly flights.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock