I live happily in rural Herefordshire well away from the great Midlands conurbation, but quite recently i have been receiving email messages on behalf of Manchester Airport with offers of cheaper car parking, duty free offers, destinations etc etc. Nothing wrong in that at all but is it their strategy now to study the map in terms of connectivity ie from Hereford, Leominster (where i live), Ludlow and Shrewsbury there is an excellent rail service into Manchester Piccadilly and i can be at Manchester Airport in just over two hours, more of less the same as for BHX.

Targeting the potential customer is not new and clearly it is alive and kicking in the airline world. Maybe BHX should sharpen its internal operations....

With the ever decreasing route network available direct from BHX I think MAN have smelt blood and gone in for the kill. Absolutely the right thing to do for them and I'd expect nothing less.

The only way BHX can respond is by getting the numerous missing routes back and more importantly, telling people about them.

It really annoys me that they haven't even bothered to put out their own official press release about the new Jet2 routes to Nice, Preveza, Murcia and Budapest. It can't be difficult to whip something up and stick it on their website and given that Nice and Preveza have been missing since Monarch you'd have thought that the airport would do everything they can to make them work.

When BHX put out a release all of the local new websites pick it up which gives vital exposure all across our region, yet the BHX 'news' section is full of ballet dancers, electric buses and making smoothies!

With the ever decreasing route network available direct from BHX I think MAN have smelt blood and gone in for the kill. Absolutely the right thing to do for them and I'd expect nothing less.

The only way BHX can respond is by getting the numerous missing routes back and more importantly, telling people about them.

It really annoys me that they haven't even bothered to put out their own official press release about the new Jet2 routes to Nice, Preveza, Murcia and Budapest. It can't be difficult to whip something up and stick it on their website and given that Nice and Preveza have been missing since Monarch you'd have thought that the airport would do everything they can to make them work.

When BHX put out a release all of the local new websites pick it up which gives vital exposure all across our region, yet the BHX 'news' section is full of ballet dancers, electric buses and making smoothies!
The PR people at BHX have never been that sharp at promoting the airport and sadly this trend continues. I'm not sure why as other airports seem capable of doing it. MAN is especially adept at promoting itself and it really bugs me that BHX seem never to leave the starting blocks :mad:

The PR people at BHX have never been that sharp at promoting the airport and sadly this trend continues. I'm not sure why as other airports seem capable of doing it.

All over social media there is plenty of news about the latest duty free offers on make up, perfume/aftershave or the new flavours of gin but god forbid they should mention new routes.

The BHX website has a press release about Qatar winning four awards at the Skytrax World Airline Awards. Great idea promoting a key airline partner and it is a nice article but did nobody think to add on to the bottom that Qatar fly daily from Birmingham with a list of the most popular connections? There will be people who read that article and have no idea that Qatar fly from their local airport.

For some reason they seem to be directing most of their efforts at RoutesOnline nowadays.

Whenever there is an international route development fair I have seen an advert on the website with the number of the stand the BHX team have reserved. They also tend to include the population and economic statistics for the BHX catchment area.

Drove around brum yesterday for first time in a while & noticed large Turkish airlines video advert by Aston uni, while driving had heart on radio with adverts for Qatar who were plugging flying from BHX to DOH & Ozz, there were also radio ads for Jet2 & RYR. We also noticed lots of new cranes & construction going on which hopefully is a good sign for all.

Drove around brum yesterday for first time in a while & noticed large Turkish airlines video advert by Aston uni, while driving had heart on radio with adverts for Qatar who were plugging flying from BHX to DOH & Ozz, there were also radio ads for Jet2 & RYR. We also noticed lots of new cranes & construction going on which hopefully is a good sign for all.

Check out the Greater Birmingham Urban thread for all things construction in Brum (y)

Travelled into brum today & saw bill board advertising for Lufthansa from Birmingham.......But... I did also see by 5 ways an electronic advert for BA to Antigua from somewhere called London !

Hi there all, once again, why are we allowing advertising for other airports for in Birmingham, this is the reason why Birmingham has big difficulty in trying to intyce airlines to from from Birmingham, who ever put these posters needs reminding that they are taking business and jobs from the area.

Hi there all, once again, why are we allowing advertising for other airports for in Birmingham, this is the reason why Birmingham has big difficulty in trying to intyce airlines to from from Birmingham, who ever put these posters needs reminding that they are taking business and jobs from the area.
You can’t stop other airports advertising in this region !!

Same sort of thing happens in the Bristol area. The West of England edition of the Metro regularly carries adverts for all the BHX Jet2 services, possibly taking some Bristol trade from the likes of easyJet, Ryanair and TUI. As Ian rightly says, you can't stop advertising hoarding owners taking any business - so long as it's legal. That's what competition is all about.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock