Hi there all, I know that we getting news of new routes from low cost wizz which is great, but what about some big major new airline announcement to the US like NY, that's what we are waiting for as well as news that easyJet have agreed to expansion of new routes, this is the type of news that we're waiting for... Andyc

why is the US so important Andrew? can't see much chance of US flight in the next few years, going East and more European routes is what we need and stand a better chance of.

Poland is now bookable for S20.

Warsaw remains 3x weekly on Tue, Thur and Sat.

Poznan and Wroclaw are 2x weekly on Tue and Sat with it seems the aircraft still doing WRO-BHX-POZ-BHX-WRO.

Krakow continues into summer at 3x weekly on Tue, Thur and Sat.

Romania is now showing for S20 and it's as you were.

Bucharest continues at 3x weekly on Tue, Thur and Sat.

Cluj-Napoca stays 2x weekly on Wed and Sun.

It's a shame that BHX hasn't managed to get any frequency increases whatsoever but I guess we should just be thankful that there hasn't been any cuts.
No surprise....the B word...although it may....no let's no go there....

Just glad that we still have the routes

Definitely no complaints from me, as said, given what is going on at the moment I'm just glad that we haven't lost anything.

Budapest, Warsaw and Bucharest have been served for four years now, initially coming in at 2x weekly before quickly going up to 3x weekly and staying there. It would be nice if we could follow other Wizz airports and start pushing some destinations up to 4 or 5x weekly but I guess now is probably not the right time to take risks and a more cautious approach is definitely understandable. Hopefully when the time is right (y)

The Wizz schedule (as it stands) for S20.

Tue

Krakow 07:20 07:55
Wroclaw 15:55 21:45
Poznan 16:25 21:15
Warsaw 18:40 19:15
Budapest 21:05 21:40
Bucharest 21:20 21:50

Wed

Cluj-Napoca 20:35 21:05

Thur

Bucharest 15:50 16:20
Warsaw 18:40 19:30

Sat

Sun

The Wizz schedule (as it stands) for S20.

Tue

Wed

Thur

Bucharest 15:50 16:20
Warsaw 18:40 19:30

Sat

Sun

6 flights twice a week is impressive pity we can’t have 6 every day !

I had never appreciated the schedules had been condensed primarily into 3 days, with 2 days having zero flights and 2 days only having single flight. I wonder why as all operate from separate bases.

Be curious to know what discussions with Wizz are being had following the arrival of NB!

I think a couple of years ago flights were quite spread out across the week but they have definitely since been consolidated.

This time next week sees the start of 2x weekly Krakow with Poznan returning the day before. Wizz are then up to seven destinations, lets hope there are more to come.

I think a couple of years ago flights were quite spread out across the week but they have definitely since been consolidated.

This time next week sees the start of 2x weekly Krakow with Poznan returning the day before. Wizz are then up to seven destinations, lets hope there are more to come.
I am pleased that I was wrong as I thought the eastern Europe routes would drop off. The fact that Wizz are expanding UK operations suggests I was wrong. Cream with me humble pie, me thinks.

Where next for them? Love to see Sofia and Riga or Kiev.

They’ve recently expanded their strategy and started flying from Western Europe to Western Europe (instead of just eastern to eastern/ western to eastern). They fly Luton to Athens, Thessaloniki and Lisbon. All great additions to BHX.

Whilst it’s obviously more likely that they’ll grow with more of Eastern Europe, it’s nice to know it’s a possibility if things continue to go well. They do seem to be a gradual grower at BHX, which as we know, seems to work out better longer term!

They’ve recently expanded their strategy and started flying from Western Europe to Western Europe (instead of just eastern to eastern/ western to eastern). They fly Luton to Athens, Thessaloniki and Lisbon. All great additions to BHX.

They do seem to be a gradual grower at BHX, which as we know, seems to work out better longer term!

With Ryanair stagnant for so long on Gdansk and Katowice I've hoped for a while that Wizz would take them on but as yet nothing. Chisinau, Iasi, Timisoara, Varna, Debrecen, Riga and Vilnius are all available from LPL and/or DSA but are missing from BHX.

It's great that they have added KRK and CLJ along with bringing back POZ but I'd like to see the more established routes such as BUD, WAW and OTP break that 3x weekly ceiling like they have done elsewhere.

Wizz have been operating Budapest from BHX for four years and are still stuck at 3x weekly yet EDI to Budapest hasn't even started yet and already S20 has been increased to 5x weekly.

In true BHX style, hopefully one for next year :)

How much potential growth is there in these East European routes? Surely the market is limited and the current political situation does not
look encouraging for growth.
I would have thought the majority of passengers are people going home for holidays or people visiting relatives living here.
People settle down start families and don't have the time.money or desire to take multi short breaks back home.
Just a thought.

How muck potential growth is there in these East European routes? Surely the market is limited and the current political situation does not
look encouraging for growth.
I would have thought the majority of passengers are people going home for holidays or people visiting relatives living here.
People settle down start families and don't have the time.money or desire to take multi short breaks back home.
Just a thought.

Well they keep adding capacity LGW,EDI, SEN all new and their LF is 95% so must be the demand !

In the future I wonder if there is more scope for away based aircraft to do flights 'through' BHX in a similar way that a Wroclaw based aircraft will be flying to Poznan?

It could add more destinations without the need to create a base?

With Ryanair stagnant for so long on Gdansk and Katowice I've hoped for a while that Wizz would take them on but as yet nothing. Chisinau, Iasi, Timisoara, Varna, Debrecen, Riga and Vilnius are all available from LPL and/or DSA but are missing from BHX.

It's great that they have added KRK and CLJ along with bringing back POZ but I'd like to see the more established routes such as BUD, WAW and OTP break that 3x weekly ceiling like they have done elsewhere.

Wizz have been operating Budapest from BHX for four years and are still stuck at 3x weekly yet EDI to Budapest hasn't even started yet and already S20 has been increased to 5x weekly.

In true BHX style, hopefully one for next year :)

From the feeling I have about Wizz at Liverpool, they have been operating from LPL for some years now, growing steadily we see A321 quite often on routes these days . They don't appear to add routes then cut them in a flash, they seem more calculated. I think they are a good operator I hope UK destinations like BHX , DSA and LPL continue to expand with them.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock