indeed.... some good boost to capacity for Summer....

Seems Wizz will offer 24x weekly departures to 10x Destinations this Summer.... that's at least 9,000 seats if all are A320s but we know some will be the bigger 220 pax A321s

Not far from a record schedule for them....

Oh shame. I didn’t realise Wizz had already tried.... dropped because of pandemic or low loads pre pandemic?

Sofia was dropped as part of a base reduction. Quite a few other UK routes were dropped at the same time and even Luton saw a cut in frequency.

I hope they do look at bringing it back if Ryanair have dropped it.

Another update, it would be nice if this was the last one but it's still subject to change.

Budapest - weekly from March 27th, 2x weekly from May
Riga - 2x weekly from June 2nd
Vilnius - weekly from March 27th, 2x weekly from May
Krakow - 2x weekly from March 22nd, 3x weekly from May
Warsaw - weekly from March 19th, 2x weekly in May, 3x weekly from June
Wroclaw - weekly from March 26th, 2x weekly from May
Bucharest - continues at 2x weekly, 4x weekly from the end of April
Cluj-Napoca - weekly from March 28th, 2x weekly from the end of April
Craiova - 2x weekly from April 29th
Iasi - 2x weekly from April 28th

Another update, it would be nice if this was the last one but it's still subject to change.

Budapest - weekly from March 27th, 2x weekly from May
Riga - 2x weekly from June 2nd
Vilnius - weekly from March 27th, 2x weekly from May
Krakow - 2x weekly from March 22nd, 3x weekly from May
Warsaw - weekly from March 19th, 2x weekly in May, 3x weekly from June
Wroclaw - weekly from March 26th, 2x weekly from May
Bucharest - continues at 2x weekly, 4x weekly from the end of April
Cluj-Napoca - weekly from March 28th, 2x weekly from the end of April
Craiova - 2x weekly from April 29th
Iasi - 2x weekly from April 28th
I think this will have to change as the status on allowing International travel isn't being lifted that early. While some of the European countries are keen , will they set vaccination requirements on any visitors?
This bit was clipped from the BBC News coverage

Boris Johnson has said a global travel taskforce would put forward a report by 12 April on how to return to international travel.
The government would then make a decision on removing restrictions on international travel, but not before 17 May at the earliest.

I think this will have to change as the status on allowing International travel isn't being lifted that early. While some of the European countries are keen , will they set vaccination requirements on any visitors?
This bit was clipped from the BBC News coverage

Boris Johnson has said a global travel taskforce would put forward a report by 12 April on how to return to international travel.
The government would then make a decision on removing restrictions on international travel, but not before 17 May at the earliest.

For leisure travel yes it is unlikely to be allowed by March. However, travel for work where needed continues to be allowed so I don't know how sustainable they would be between March and May based on that alone.

I agree as there will be demand for work or other permitted purposes. No flights to Poland have operated for months from BHX. Many people using these flights will be nationals of Poland/Lithuania/Hungary so they will be more than welcome to return. It seems as wizz have recognised this by slowly increasing frequencies. Bucharest has operated throughout and still achieving loads in excess of 200 passengers but at a reduced frequency. Any increase in flights is much needed and with the testing requirements any flights pose less risk than going to Tesco.

As I'm bored, the schedule for this summer. Quite a nice little network building now with 26 weekly flights to 11 destinations, we just need a couple of based aircraft, although there are plenty of routes from other Wizz bases that would be most welcome.

Obviously subject to change.

Mon

Warsaw arr 07:40 dep 08:15
Krakow arr 08:00 dep 08:35
Bucharest arr 15:40 dep 16:10
Larnaca arr 19:10 dep 19:50

Tue

Vilnius arr 7:10 dep 07:40
Budapest arr 12:40 dep 13:10
Wroclaw arr 16:10 dep 16:40

Wed

Riga arr 17:10 dep 17:40
Iasi arr 21:10 dep 21:40

Thur

Craiova arr 20:20 dep 20:50
Cluj - Napoca arr 21:25 dep 21:55

Fri

Larnaca arr 19:10 dep 19:50

Sat

Vilnius arr 7:10 dep 07:40
Budapest arr 12:40 dep 13:10
Wroclaw arr 16:10 dep 16:40

Sun

Craiova arr 20:20 dep 20:50
Riga arr 20:45 dep 21:15
Iasi arr 21:10 dep 21:40
Cluj - Napoca arr 21:25 dep 21:55

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock