• Forums4airports Statement re: Covid-19 after Prime Minister, Boris Johnson's address to the Nation at 20:30 on Monday, March 23rd 2020 Please be aware of the latest measures implemented by the UK Government this evening, It is now advising all persons to stay at home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. PLEASE we ask, with any movements due in the next few weeks to your local Airport, Military base or local airfield, that you DO NOT attend that airport, military base or airfield, no matter how special it maybe. No aircraft is worth your health, your families health and all those around you. Those aircraft will come back we are sure, so please, adhere to the Government's advice and stay at home. We wish every single one of our members, your families and loved ones the very best for the next few weeks and months ahead. Please, please do your bit to Help the NHS and all emergency services. Site Admin and Moderator Team

Random Stuff!

Advertisement

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
I am just enquirying, Coventry Airport use to have high volume of Jumbo Flights and Cargo.
Do these now use Birmingham Cargo and why on earth did they close Coventry Airport it was superb and just needed a terminal building to expand in flights.
:banhappy::singing:having a snooze darlings x x x
I think most of the freight flights moved to East Midlands. Thomson Fly did occasional fly a B757 into Coventry, thik that was the largest aircraft to land there. Once Thomson Fly and Wizz pulled out that was the end of commercial flights, now its just general aviation.

GliderPilot

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2017
England
West Atlantic cargo used to fly frequently into Coventry and they had some facilities there too. I think their offices and hangar were at Coventry. Most of their flight ops are at East Mids now, not sure about the buildings though.

I can see Coventry Airport being a housing estate in the future and that makes me really sad

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Horsham
Any easy way of finding out what aircraft type will be operating a flight for Jet2 & TUI - short of making a dummy booking as far as choosing a seat to see the seat map?

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Any easy way of finding out what aircraft type will be operating a flight for Jet2 & TUI - short of making a dummy booking as far as choosing a seat to see the seat map?
Doesn't google flights show the aircraft type?

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Nice video although why it starts with "One of Britain's great surprises" I do not know, it's only what us residents have known all along :)

Was in the Jewellery Quarter on Saturday enjoying a few pints of delicious ale, there are some great pubs in the area. The train into New Street took around 10 mins and we then jumped straight onto a tram which was ready and waiting, in previous years I'd have either had to walk all the way from New St or transfer to Moor St and get the heavy rail from there. The Metro has made such a difference, I can't wait for the Eastside extension to get underway. Father-in-Law was well impressed and he's from Sheffield where they've had trams for years, I think the wait on the platform at Lea Hall was longer than the actually journey :)

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Nice video although why it starts with "One of Britain's great surprises" I do not know, it's only what us residents have known all along :)

Was in the Jewellery Quarter on Saturday enjoying a few pints of delicious ale, there are some great pubs in the area. The train into New Street took around 10 mins and we then jumped straight onto a tram which was ready and waiting, in previous years I'd have either had to walk all the way from New St or transfer to Moor St and get the heavy rail from there. The Metro has made such a difference, I can't wait for the Eastside extension to get underway. Father-in-Law was well impressed and he's from Sheffield where they've had trams for years, I think the wait on the platform at Lea Hall was longer than the actually journey :)
The video is excellent. Sure the great surprise phrase is a bit dated, but like Shropshire, being the surprise is the city's attractions. We are not ostentatious. We may do not shout every 5 minutes how brilliant we are. We don't make sure our streets are on TV every night. We just get on with it, enjoy our lives and we just know. and everyone I know who has visited says the same thing: the place is amazing

Top Bottom