Leeds City Region - Thread

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
We recently went to watch a show at the Leeds Grand Theatre. It was my first visit to the venue and I was gobsmacked by the size and the architecture of the building. The outside of the building doesn't do it any justice considering what's inside.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
There are some beautiful old theatres around the country.

Have you ever been to the Leeds City Varieties? This theatre was home to an iconic regular entertainment programme The Good Old Days that ran for 30 years from 1953 on BBC1 (when it began there was only one tv channel in the country) and featured old-fashioned (it was old-fashioned then!) musical entertainment, with the audience dressed in period costime.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Funnily enough I was just discussing that with the other half a few days ago. No, we have't been to the City Varieties. It's hidden down a narrow cobble street. It's another one to add to the list of things to do.

1558987022622.png
Image: leedscitymagazine.co.uk

Last edited:

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Had a trip out to the Leeds Light Night a couple of weeks back. I was surprised at how large the event has grown. The city centre was busy and it had a great vibe.

Here's a few photos I took on the evening.

Top Bottom