Don't really know where to post this but had a thought just watched Man City take on Arsenal in the Emirates FA Cup at the Etihad Stadium with Arsenal being sponsored by Emirates. Now Granted EK and EY are well known but West Ham have Eva Air advertised at the London Stadium not known to most Watford have American Airlines on there Hoardings OK well known, Hull City have Corendon as Shirt Sponsors which I had never heard of til I Googled them then found out they were coming to BHX. Now I get the bus to College and 1 time the front Advert Wrap and Back of the Metro was JetBlue promoting there JFK to LHR Service. So here is my thinking. JetBlue were to say launch Birmingham to Boston/JFK Service they could approach a local team let's say this year they approach the two West Midlands Sides in the Premier League so Aston Villa and Wolves and ask for a fee if they could be promoted on the Advert hoardings, Matchday Progame and Interview boards with the Hoardings I know at Molienux they Double as in 1 behind the Pitchside Hey Were JetBlue Your Newest Airline to serve Birmingham Birmingham to New York launches 04.01.24 say Book Now that would be see by not only Villa Fans, but Local people on MOTD, The News, Highlights, Sky so on meaning people could want to try JetBlue. Also I remember seeing Buses advertising Vueling on the back in Birmingham City Centre maybe JetBlue or whoever agrees a deal with NXWM to do this and maybe have ads at Birmingham New Street and on Bilboards partially paid for by the West Midlands Combined Authority. Going back to Football Villa are a big club so people will know of them. Birmingham is a well known city and New York is the world's first mega city. So the humble say Leicester Fan watching MOTD or say Everton Fan will be like I never knew Birmingham had flights to New York always wanted to go you know what I might try it out. I know Birmingham Airport has to first show it has the demand and can agree terms once that is then the airline surely might want people to see them. Now I might be wrong and New ones to Brum might of done this but I only remember seeing Loganair, Blue Islands, Vueling, TUI who do it Nationally, Jet2 who I heard today on Free Radio say fly from Birmingham and it used to be mentioned on TV ads, Turkish and maybe a couple of others. Oh yeah and there is a team also has Air Lingus on the Hoardings. But Yeah it is an Idea obviously could backfire but it was the Metro Advert that I became aware of JetBlue and Hull City Corendon. I already remember Eva Air for some reason maybe it was West Ham or I saw them at LHR. And Aeroflot I didn't know who they were until Man Utd started advertising them.

That finished very suddenly as they were due to fly on an Aeroflot A350 but was cancelled very shortly before they were due to fly out.

Now I might be wrong and New ones to Brum might of done this but I only remember seeing Loganair, Blue Islands, Vueling, TUI who do it

Airlines sponsoring football teams, those were the days :)

799b3c95c519d2264d9136e87934405d.jpg

Going back to Football Villa are a big club

This is where you lost me?

Although I'm sure we're well overdue yet another history lesson 😉

That finished very suddenly as they were due to fly on an Aeroflot A350 but was cancelled very shortly before they were due to fly out.
Probably the war in Ukraine Man Utd cut ties much like Abramovic had to sell Chelsea and the Everton Russian Connection and I think Bournemouth's sale from there Russian was all linked. But now other than Etihad, Emirates, EVA Air, American and Correndon I don't see many Airlines advertising in Football.

Jet Blue will choose where to fly based on expected loads and yield, not on local football team interest.

Last year they mentioned that Manchester Airport may be next for them in England. No mention of Birmingham.

BHX bosses are trying very hard to get a schedule route to the states again.

However things have changed in recent years, and most TATL airlines just seem to be interested in London Manchester and Scotland now.

Jet Blue will choose where to fly based on expected loads and yield, not on local football team interest.

Last year they mentioned that Manchester Airport may be next for them in England. No mention of Birmingham.

BHX bosses are trying very hard to get a schedule route to the states again.

However things have changed in recent years, and most TATL airlines just seem to be interested in London Manchester and Scotland now.
It was hyperthetical If I'm Sure I said IF that they could do that

easyjet holidays billboard gone up on the A45 BHX slip road when heading from Birmingham.

I noticed today that the large Turkish Airlines branding in the windows of car park 1 looks as if it's being removed. I seem to remember the minutes of a consultative committee meeting saying it will remain there indefinitely until someone else wants to take it over. I wonder who (if anyone at all) will replace it.

easyjet holidays billboard gone up on the A45 BHX slip road when heading from Birmingham.

I noticed today that the large Turkish Airlines branding in the windows of car park 1 looks as if it's being removed. I seem to remember the minutes of a consultative committee meeting saying it will remain there indefinitely until someone else wants to take it over. I wonder who (if anyone at all) will replace it.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, THE FUTURE IS THE ORANGE AIRLINE

SEE YA, DONT WANNA BE YA TUI :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I should work in PR, Loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Last edited:
Football teams go for successful sponsors that guarantee a flow of investment, preferably uninterrupted by war and civil unrest or dodgy sugar daddies. My team based at Old Trafford can bemoan it's current what you may call it, this is a family forum on an American platform so my words are self cencored. I noted Aeroflot arriving on the sponsors board as Crimea was attacked and my heart sunk! However, sponsors seek successful collaborations and United ain't it *!&%$*

easyjet holidays banners are up in the arrivals corridors just before reaching the public area, the other side of the wall to the Turkish Airlines adverts. They are in the walkways from both T1 and T2.
Exciting, I’ll look out for these on my way to Madrid over the next couple of weeks!

Does anyone know when easyJet will put their new routes for S24 on sale for flight-only bookings?

Well now we know :)

20230828_133218.jpg

*I'll delete this attachment in a few weeks.*

Can't really see how an EasyJet advert lowers the tone but regardless of that whichever way you cut it they are much more important to BHX and will become even more so next spring. Additionally the two airlines are not competing in any meaningful way so for BHX its a win all the way.

So before everyone gets over carried away about Monarch .They have just announced they will be Temporarily suspending their ongoing pursuit.In terms of they have suspended their on going process of restarting the airline.Which means it’s very likely they are trying to find slots,Airlines staff and aircraft while this is happening so doesn’t mean that are Flybe Part 2.What I can say is that the airline has been making good progress in terms of creating the livery and advertising for staff.

Let’s not worry ,Shake our heads and moan cause they haven’t started operations .Let’s be thankful that they haven’t got into Flybe’s boots.

Creating an airline offering a premium alternative is not a great start, especially in a cost of living crisis. Own goal straight away IMHO.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock