• Admin
alcohol-alcoholic-beverage-bar-602750.jpg
Primarily a Friday and Saturday night thread for people to discuss their favourite tipples. Their latest Gin or Whisky collection or maybe the local ale.

Did I read that correctly, are there really more distilleries in England than there are in Scotland?

I have to admit to liking a good whisky and you can't beat a good peaty single malt. I'd actually never visited Scotland until I met my other half. Now we tend to go every couple of years and we're never far away from the Whisky trail . Much of our family comes from Scotland with my uncle and her dad both originating from different parts of Scotland. The other half's uncle Hector is never shy of bringing out his whisky stash when we visit. Fortunately she doesn't care for whisky so I make the most of it while we're there.

I have to be honest, I like a good whisky and it needs to be good. My doctor would go mental if he knew my choice of beverage as I am supposed to be banned from alcohol given my medication. But I intend to enjoy life while I have it. Tonight it is a robust red wine with a strong cheddar and a thick wedge of unsliced bread and butter.

Did I read that correctly, are there really more distilleries in England than there are in Scotland?

I have to admit to liking a good whisky and you can't beat a good peaty single malt. I'd actually never visited Scotland until I met my other half. Now we tend to go every couple of years and we're never far away from the Whisky trail . Much of our family comes from Scotland with my uncle and her dad both originating from different parts of Scotland. The other half's uncle Hector is never shy of bringing out his whisky stash when we visit. Fortunately she doesn't care for whisky so I make the most of it while we're there.

Not quite Aviador - nearly 140 single malt distilleries in Scotland and 30 in England!!

I once had to visit a distillery near Nairn just a short drive from Lossiemouth with a spare part for some important machine that stopped production. Whilst the gift of a bottle was welcomed, I was more interested in getting to the RAF base to rest up before the long drive home. It was that occasion that got me interested in Malt whisky, not as harsh as normal grain or cheap supermarket branded gut rot!

I have to be honest, I like a good whisky and it needs to be good. My doctor would go mental if he knew my choice of beverage as I am supposed to be banned from alcohol given my medication. But I intend to enjoy life while I have it. Tonight it is a robust red wine with a strong cheddar and a thick wedge of unsliced bread and butter.

You can't beat a bit of mature Wookey Hole but if you like strong cheese I would recommend Snowdonia's signature cheese the Black Bomber, a mature cheddar full of flavour. The Snowdonia range is all nice. The only ones I haven't tried yet are the Ruby Mist a port and brandy version and Nature's Nectar a rum fig and honey cheddar but they sounds good so I may have to look out for them.

Cropwell Bishop is the local favourite, they do a Cheddar that is unforgettable, sometimes known as Stinking Bishop for it's aroma and their Stilton is rather good. I like cheese that is simple and I avoid speciality types. If course , a good wine helps.

Cropwell Bishop is the local favourite, they do a Cheddar that is unforgettable, sometimes known as Stinking Bishop for it's aroma and their Stilton is rather good. I like cheese that is simple and I avoid speciality types. If course , a good wine helps.

I only knew it as Stinking Bishop (is that an ism or an ist these days? I might have to watch myself!)

After Mrs F and I managed to fight our way through a couple of bottles of Semillon Chardonnay earlier I've now started on the single malt.

Penderyn Single Malt - recommended by a Welsh colleague of mine and after a couple of glasses I can see why he is raving about it. My first ever Welsh whisky and on this performance it won't be my last, it's a cracking drop (y)

images

Funnily enough I had my first Whisky in a while yesterday. I've been having a break from it but it was mightily nice having a wee dram after so long.

That looks far too good to drink, but highly desirable. How may one acquire a bottle?

That was from Tesco who have it on sale at the moment at £26, down from £37.

Funnily enough I had my first Whisky in a while yesterday. I've been having a break from it but it was mightily nice having a wee dram after so long.

Me too, not had one in quite a while.

I normally go for the more peaty flavoured scotch but with a Madeira finish this one made a nice change.

hi all you tipplers
keo beer and JB whisky and dry ginger, sorry but we both like whisky & dry but we dont dry with a malt.
regards
sm

Thank you Sir Raymond, can't get out to a Tesco but have found it on Amazon with a fantastic selection of Malts. Prices are varied but I need home delivery so on balance, no complaints.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock