Advertisement

Greater Birmingham - Thread

Advertisement

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
Its been confirmed that the Commonwealth 2022 games will introduce womens twenty/20 cricket for the first time, matches to be held at Edgebaston which must now be Birminghams premier international sports arena helping the city's wider profile.

A330

Mar 25, 2018
Birmingham
Birmingham Skyline is getting better and better and we still have our tallest towers to come.:love:

Great photo credit to ReissOmari and Metrogogo on SSC

Being close to work, it has been fascinating to see the two Bank Towers rise. The taller Tower 2 exterior appears to be nearing completion. In fact if you click on the Google Maps link below one can see how the site looked nearly three years ago. Incredible to think what has been accomplished on the grounds of a unsurfaced relatively small car park!

Google Maps

The speed of the construction has to be admired. Also now that part of the scaffolding and boarding has been removed, it is clear to see how both buildings are supported by concrete pillars! For me this is both amazing and scary at the same time to see a tower over 100 metres tall built with this design!!

20190820_140728.jpg

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Don't despair fellow brummies, my urban update on all things to do with our great city will commence shortly. In fact as soon as this coming weekend as I have already been out with my camera today and got some real corkers :kiss:

Watch this space.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
The main core on 103 Colmore Row has now reached its final height on floor 22, a smaller core is now being constructed as per my photos to the top of the tower including the roof top restaurant/bar.

This tower will be seen from across the city.

Advertisement

Top Bottom