Its been confirmed that the Commonwealth 2022 games will introduce womens twenty/20 cricket for the first time, matches to be held at Edgebaston which must now be Birminghams premier international sports arena helping the city's wider profile.

Birmingham Skyline is getting better and better and we still have our tallest towers to come.:love:

Great photo credit to ReissOmari and Metrogogo on SSC

Being close to work, it has been fascinating to see the two Bank Towers rise. The taller Tower 2 exterior appears to be nearing completion. In fact if you click on the Google Maps link below one can see how the site looked nearly three years ago. Incredible to think what has been accomplished on the grounds of a unsurfaced relatively small car park!

Google Maps

The speed of the construction has to be admired. Also now that part of the scaffolding and boarding has been removed, it is clear to see how both buildings are supported by concrete pillars! For me this is both amazing and scary at the same time to see a tower over 100 metres tall built with this design!!

View attachment 14319

This is a mock up of my photo from yesterday that Blueboy has done on SSC and shows the final height. Also the tower has now been increased to its final height of 105 metres and now has 2 supports as shown in my photo.

Don't despair fellow brummies, my urban update on all things to do with our great city will commence shortly. In fact as soon as this coming weekend as I have already been out with my camera today and got some real corkers :kiss:

Watch this space.

The main core on 103 Colmore Row has now reached its final height on floor 22, a smaller core is now being constructed as per my photos to the top of the tower including the roof top restaurant/bar.

This tower will be seen from across the city.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock