Advertisement

Greater Birmingham - Thread

Advertisement

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #63
Looking at that picture it highlights just what a prime spot the Cambrian Student Halls could be.

I assume that the Copthorne Hotel and that horrible brick building behind it will be coming down soon?

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Looking at that picture it highlights just what a prime spot the Cambrian Student Halls could be.

I assume that the Copthorne Hotel and that horrible brick building behind it will be coming down soon?
They will eventually be coming down but this is a phased development just like Brindleplace and Arena Central so patience will be needed for that side of the Paradise scheme, the next phases to go up is next to the Midland Metro track and we should see construction start of 1 Centenary Way in 2019

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Solihull
They will eventually be coming down but this is a phased development just like Brindleplace and Arena Central so patience will be needed for that side of the Paradise scheme, the next phases to go up is next to the Midland Metro track and we should see construction start of 1 Centenary Way in 2019

On the webcam (https://www.paradisebirmingham.co.uk/progress/) it looks like there's been diggers around this area recently - are they doing ground prep for this or something similar?

Any idea when during 2019 we'll start to see something from this? Keep forgetting how tall it will actually be!

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yes, it's all down to Brum X really he's a bit like a dog with a bone when it comes to buildings and cranes etc. does a great job for us Brummies even exiles like me who live out in the Worcestershire/Warwickshire border sticks these days but can still reach BHX in 45 minutes traffic permitting.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
On the webcam (https://www.paradisebirmingham.co.uk/progress/) it looks like there's been diggers around this area recently - are they doing ground prep for this or something similar?

Any idea when during 2019 we'll start to see something from this? Keep forgetting how tall it will actually be!
I dont think a contractor has been appointed yet but should be Q3/4, it will be 68 metres so not a tiddler.

richard winterbourn

Aug 19, 2015
Yes, Brum X keeps us 'country' Brummies well served in the development of my city of birth.

However, what i do like is the homogenous nature of the city centre development: everything seems sympathetic and balanced and in the right place; it has all the hallmarks of a great city for the future. And with Metro starting to thread its way through its heart, there are going to be great transport benefits as well.

But for me, roll on the development of Snow Hill... I remember the grandeur of the old station and 'king' class locos arriving from Paddington. Let's has something regal again....

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #72
I'm surprised that Scala House (I think that's what it is called) hasn't been redeveloped yet. It seems a prime spot for another tower opposite the Radisson building and would go a long way to sorting that horrible subway out.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
I'm surprised that Scala House (I think that's what it is called) hasn't been redeveloped yet. It seems a prime spot for another tower opposite the Radisson building and would go a long way to sorting that horrible subway out.
It really is awful Ray, the smell makes you want to :vomit:

The council really need to fill in the last 2 subways at this roundabout like they have with the other x 2 corners.

Advertisement

Top Bottom