I managed a quick trip into Birmingham today and it really is great to see so much happening. It's difficult to keep up with it all so I'm indebted to Brum X for the excellent updates (y)

I noticed that the bridge across the canal from The Cube is out of action, is it maintenance or H&S in the colder weather?

New Street looks much better now with the canopy gone and the double height shop fronts, I hope that when Primark move that section will also get the same treatment? Is it me or is the new Metro Bank taking forever?

Paradise really is coming on now as is Centenary Square, this area will be incredible once completed.

Bank Tower looks impressive. Considering it only just breaks the 100m barrier it appears much taller on the skyline.

Even though it's mid Jan the Mailbox and Brindleyplace were busier than I expected, especially the restaurants. We also noticed a huge crowd waiting outside the Malmaison all looking in expectantly. With a black Mercedes parked outside I assume it was someone famous (I didn't wait to find out)?

Looking forward to seeing 212 Broad Street and Comore Row popping up this year and hopefully taking my camera for a photo walk or two.

We have a new proposal at Camp Hill in the Bordesley/Highgate area. Like Connaught Square, Lunar Rise and Snow Hill Wharf this will feature low-rise and mid-rise blocks around a landmark tower. There will also be a hotel with this development.

Good to see another tower near the ringroad, this one is a hefty 26 floors and 90 metres! (y)

Screenshot-2019-01-21-at-12-05-03.png

That looks impressive and will be fantastic for this area creating a real entrance to Digbeth. I wonder if this could lead to the reopening of Bordesley Station in the future?

Is the crane closest to the photographer somewhere near Park Central?

No idea what the rest are doing.

No Ray, the nearest crane is next to the Connaught Square development in Digbeth and will be called The Park Works (Bradford Street) The cranes in the distance near The Sentinells are near Park Central. :geek:

The Park Works, Digbeth

Thanks mate I couldn't quite get my bearings.

I'd not heard about The Park Works, it looks a decent little development (y)

Two Chamberlain Square | Paradise - Plot E | Offices | 8FL | 38m | U/C

Designed by Glenn Howells Architects, Two Chamberlain Square is an eight storey, 182,000 sq ft building bringing a striking contemporary addition to Birmingham's historical core.

With large, open floorplates of over 20,000 sq ft, Two Chamberlain Square provides a bright and spacious working environment with floor to ceiling glazing providing superb views over the transformed Chamberlain Square.

DEVELOPER: Argent

Thanks Louis, im going to visit very soon (y)
I ordered a dessert expecting it to be very normal it came with liquid nitrogen and a sparkler, also their staff are amazing they know everything about the menu. This was great for decision making as everything on the menu sounds amazing!

I ordered a dessert expecting it to be very normal it came with liquid nitrogen and a sparkler, also their staff are amazing they know everything about the menu. This was great for decision making as everything on the menu sounds amazing!

Sounds awesome, i cant wait to visit :)

103 Colmore Row | Offices | 26 fl | 108m | U/C

Brum X baby coming on nicely, this is my favourite project at the moment even beating the much taller 2one2 Broad street imo, but its close.

Great pic by Sidcow on SSC, he works in the office building opposite and is going to keep us upto date with these fantastic shots. I love this kind of thing. (y)

Surely, that makes decision making more difficult. Or did you just order verything?

Kevin
You would think so but it helped you to learn more about the options you were considering, or if you didn't have a clue they guided you with your decision. I would definitely recommend going with a friend or more as you can all share the dishes which allows you to try them all!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock