My final photo's of 3 Snowhill. It has been a pleasure watching you grow over the last 3 years. Rumour going around that BT have taken most of the office space at this huge building which is great news for Brum becouse that will mean we need more 3 Snowhill's and more 103 Colmore Row's.

beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif
for 3 Snowhill

Whilst 3 Snowhill is nearly complete, the effect it is having on the area and nearby 103 Colmore Row can be seen in the below photo's with new cranes and new developments being built around it. Birmingham is being transformed in front of our eyes and HS2 or no HS2 YOU AINT GONNA STOP US.:smug:

With this and 103 Colmore Row now both in full swing @Brum X will be a very busy boy indeed :)

Thanks ever so much for the continued updates mate, they are very much appreciated (y)

Some of the lights on top of the poles have been switched on at the new Centenary Square and they look really good in the dark, once we have all the lights plus a dancing water feature it will look spectacular and a tourist attraction in its own right.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/524/CXDSVV.jpg

I walked through yesterday and it really is looking good (y)

It was great to see real progress on Arena Central and Paradise although the Bank Tower seems to be taking a while. Just waiting for 103 Colmore Row and The Mercian to pop their heads up :)

You have some lovely water features in BHX. We have virtually no water features in Leeds which a real shame as they cam add so much character to city squares and parks.

You have some lovely water features in BHX. We have virtually no water features in Leeds which a real shame as they cam add so much character to city squares and parks.

Yes Birmingham has some nice water features plus of course the canals but despite the the often quoted more canals than Venice thing it is not really in their league for the general publics perception re tourism etc. Not knocking Brum in anyway as its "my city" although I now live about 20 miles outside the city boundaries and have done so for a longtime and I still have my Brummie twang.

In my opinion the truly great city's of the world are mostly either built on a major river or on/near the coast e.g. Sydney, New York, San Francisco, Paris, Rome etc. and of course London all bought about by the fact that the water facilited transport of goods and people.

Despite having a £300,000 restoration in 2010 the main fountain, The Floozie in the Jacuzzi, was permanently switched off three years later 'to save costs'. In 2015 it was filled with plants and remains that way to this day :(

From this.....

330px-Victoria_Square%2C_Birmingham_-_geograph.org.uk_-_843931.jpg

to this!

180px-Youth_by_Mistry.jpg

Images from Wikipedia with full credit to the photograph takers.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock