Advertisement

Greater Birmingham - Thread

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Whilst there is nothing happening at BHX or indeed any airport, the rest of Birmingham continue's to boom.

This is my latest pic of the growing core at 103 Colmore Row, and it is growing lads. Upwards :love:

2nd crane is due in a couple of month.

103-Colmore-Row-CGI-1.jpg

Advertisement

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
My final photo's of 3 Snowhill. It has been a pleasure watching you grow over the last 3 years. Rumour going around that BT have taken most of the office space at this huge building which is great news for Brum becouse that will mean we need more 3 Snowhill's and more 103 Colmore Row's.

for 3 Snowhill

Whilst 3 Snowhill is nearly complete, the effect it is having on the area and nearby 103 Colmore Row can be seen in the below photo's with new cranes and new developments being built around it. Birmingham is being transformed in front of our eyes and HS2 or no HS2 YOU AINT GONNA STOP US.:smug:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
With this and 103 Colmore Row now both in full swing @Brum X will be a very busy boy indeed :)

Thanks ever so much for the continued updates mate, they are very much appreciated (y)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Some of the lights on top of the poles have been switched on at the new Centenary Square and they look really good in the dark, once we have all the lights plus a dancing water feature it will look spectacular and a tourist attraction in its own right.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/524/CXDSVV.jpg
I walked through yesterday and it really is looking good (y)

It was great to see real progress on Arena Central and Paradise although the Bank Tower seems to be taking a while. Just waiting for 103 Colmore Row and The Mercian to pop their heads up :)

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
You have some lovely water features in BHX. We have virtually no water features in Leeds which a real shame as they cam add so much character to city squares and parks.

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
You have some lovely water features in BHX. We have virtually no water features in Leeds which a real shame as they cam add so much character to city squares and parks.
Yes Birmingham has some nice water features plus of course the canals but despite the the often quoted more canals than Venice thing it is not really in their league for the general publics perception re tourism etc. Not knocking Brum in anyway as its "my city" although I now live about 20 miles outside the city boundaries and have done so for a longtime and I still have my Brummie twang.

In my opinion the truly great city's of the world are mostly either built on a major river or on/near the coast e.g. Sydney, New York, San Francisco, Paris, Rome etc. and of course London all bought about by the fact that the water facilited transport of goods and people.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Despite having a £300,000 restoration in 2010 the main fountain, The Floozie in the Jacuzzi, was permanently switched off three years later 'to save costs'. In 2015 it was filled with plants and remains that way to this day :(

From this.....

to this!

Images from Wikipedia with full credit to the photograph takers.

Advertisement

Top Bottom