BHX Movements and Heads Up

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
FR24 is showing SRN342 inbound BHX from MST, but gives no info on aircraft type. A quick web search indicates SRN as Sprintair of Poland. Anyone have any further info?
Also, The Ruby Star An-12 has just departed BHX.

Kevin

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
Kevin, i heard the Ruby Star An-12 depart yesterday evening. Had to turn the TV up!!. Seriously though, it's great to hear them. In fact it is so quiet again at BHX any aircraft passing over is given an extra glance!. The An-26 are also noisy beasts!.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
I remember when Aviogenex and Aeroflot operated Tu-134's into BHX. You would see a dark smudge in the sky, before you could see the aircraft on approach.

Kevin

And the Balkan Holidays Tu-134, they operated until quite recently I think ?? Maybe 6-7 years ago ??

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
Spatax Convair 990 Coranado, four engines, fast, noisy as heck and could lay down a smoke screen a WWII Royal Navy destroyer would be proud of, would go down a bundle with the green party etc today.

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
A quick Google says no but it does hold the record as the fastest subsonic passenger jet achieving mach 0.97 in level flight in the 1960s. A bit of thread drift going on again I'm afraid.

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
I heard that depart off runway 33 Kevin. Hard not to!!. But I don't mind hearing those old warhorses at all. They are nearly as old as me!!. I use FR24 and also Planefinder ( the £2.99? version) . A mixture of the two works well. Planefinder has some limitations but is useful as it flags most airliners with the operators logo.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.