Thanks Jerry, I think Wizz could do well at CWL, and perhaps claim some of the BRS passengers back to CWL.
Fingers crossed! That is the target audience, to offer people who travel to BRS to use Easyjet and Ryanair. If Wizz can't make it work then i don't see anyone else making it work.

Booked the inaugural WizzAir flight from Cardiff on the 28th March to Lanzarote. Was quite surprised by the price. The value fare was £17.99 one way. In the end i went for the All in and full Flex fare which includes 32kg checked bag, carry on bag, seat selection including premium seats, Wizz Priority and free flight change. £88.00 one way. A while to go until then but something to look forward to!

Something i noticed about my flight to Lanzarote and it only seems to be the Lanzarote flight the seat map is for an A320 not A321 checked some other flights randomly and they seem to be on an A321.

Something i noticed about my flight to Lanzarote and it only seems to be the Lanzarote flight the seat map is for an A320 not A321 checked some other flights randomly and they seem to be on an A321.
Wasn't the original plan to have a 321 based at CWL for summer 2021 (before the start date was pushed back to next spring) or was it never officially confirmed?

Wasn't the original plan to have a 321 based at CWL for summer 2021 (before the start date was pushed back to next spring) or was it never officially confirmed?
Yes it was and the other flights i've looked at including the Tenerife in the afternoon on the same day are all A321. The odd thing is that Lanzarote starts on the 28th March but the 1st flight for other routes which is Tenerife starts on the 8th April.

There was definitely supposed to be an A321 at CWL this summer, are Wizz opening a base at Lanzarote, or is CWL to get a second based aircraft next summer, or are all flights going to take place on an A320? Very interesting observation Jerry.

There was definitely supposed to be an A321 at CWL this summer, are Wizz opening a base at Lanzarote, or is CWL to get a second based aircraft next summer, or are all flights going to take place on an A320? Very interesting observation Jerry.
It could be some sort of anomaly and they'll operate the A321 as the TFS in the afternoon is on the A321 and it does only seem to be Lanzarote. I did notice as well some of the pricing seems quite high as well but that could be due to hopefully good sales. I do believe a second aircraft was mentioned on here as a possibility before and an A320 for that if it was going to happen could make more sense if more thinner routes are involved.

What are the timings of your flight Jerry, could it operated by an away based aircraft, I know that when it was decided to base a second aircraft at Doncaster it was to be an A320.

What are the timings of your flight Jerry, could it operated by an away based aircraft, I know that when it was decided to base a second aircraft at Doncaster it was to be an A320.
No it's Cardiff based departs 7am

Info on the other forum from Lets fly Cwl, that Wizz have reinstated SSH on their destination list, lets hope there is more to come.

Maybe in preparation for launch of winter 2022/23?

It wasn't originally scheduled for the summer but as a winter route. So maybe we'll see it return as a winter route.

WIZZ making headlines today, with a takeover bid for EASYJET, they appear to have plenty of cash in the bank, but this bid was apparently a shares related offer. If they expand at CWL they could prove to be a real thorne in the side for Easyjet.

WIZZ making headlines today, with a takeover bid for EASYJET, they appear to have plenty of cash in the bank, but this bid was apparently a shares related offer. If they expand at CWL they could prove to be a real thorne in the side for Easyjet.
Well I'd expect that Easyjets passengers are the target rather than Ryanairs.
I'm glad Easyjet rejected the bid as I wouldn't be confident of Wizz staying at Cardiff if they owned Easyjet.

Only guessing but I'd expect that Wizz UK and Easyjet UK would be merged and I'd expect that the Easyjet brand would remain in the UK at least because it's so strong here. If it happened. Finger's crossed it won't not just for CWL but for passengers in general as we don't want monopolies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock