Why don't they start a Birmingham - Heathrow route

For most in BHX's catchment it would be quicker to drive to Heathrow than fly via BHX.

Through codeshares, BA serves BHX via Aer Lingus, Iberia, Qatar & Vueling. You can fly almost anywhere in the world from BHX using BA. It's just none of the flights will be on BA aircraft.

I telephoned Jet 2 Customer Sales Team and suggested that they fly to Jeddah and Tel Aviv from Birmingham International airport. congratulated them on USA flights from Birmingham told them would be economical if they had USA all year round they have noted all suggestions and were glad to receive positive feedback - overall congratulated them on Birmingham flights.

Hi all hope all is well- there is a airline called POP want to start Long Haul from Stansted; they planning INDIA - PAKISTAN and USA flights- I want them to look at Birmingham as-well, the issue will be they would start at Manchester like the rest including Kuwait Airways who are aiming at students in north-west for new Manchester flights this should be Birmingham we have Warwickshire-Oxford and Birmingham all local reach as-well as East midlands and Leicester. Why don't airlines look at Birmingham more serious is it because they are charging for passenger parking drop off and need a new terminal it too small. Manchester is win win situation not fair. Common Wealth Games are coming we are the next city to host that and we have HS2 Train what next our population density are business class we needs those new airlines and flights and more to USA and CANADA from BHX. (management at Birmingham Airport should now study airlines potential routes during lockdown to surprise us all after lockdown and when all is better ) BA and Virgin Atlantic should look at Birmingham I think they are now -especially with economic growth in midlands.

Last edited:
I have received a reply from XIAMEN AIRLINES from China on my face book this is what they say:

Thank you for dropping by on our page, Hope to fly there soon. Thanks for the kind advice, We're expanding our network rapidly and please stayed tuned

I asked the airline XIAMEN AIRLINES - to start DIRECT FLIGHT to and from BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT UK they say they will be coming soon. It will be nice to see XIAMEN AIRLINES in Birmingham UK.

I have received a reply from XIAMEN AIRLINES from China on my face book this is what they say:

Thank you for dropping by on our page, Hope to fly there soon. Thanks for the kind advice, We're expanding our network rapidly and please stayed tuned

I asked the airline XIAMEN AIRLINES - to start DIRECT FLIGHT to and from BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT UK they say they will be coming soon. It will be nice to see XIAMEN AIRLINES in Birmingham UK.

I love your enthusiasm - but zero chance !

Xiamen Airlines only have one route to Europe out of Xiamen and that is to the huge SkyTeam hub at Amsterdam. If they were looking to add another then CDG and/or LHR would be the obvious favourites. You could also add the likes of Frankfurt, Rome, Madrid, Moscow and a whole host of other European heavy weights which would likely be contenders. I think Birmingham would be way, way, way down on the list for this one.

Out of Beijing they have just 9 routes all of which are domestic.

As much as I'd love to see some of these exotic routes happen the focus needs to be on getting back the likes of Berlin, Milan, Valencia, Stockholm, Reykjavik, Toulouse, Hamburg, Hanover, Lyon, Knock, Bordeaux, Gibraltar, NY, Toronto, Isle of Man and countless others that are missing. There also needs to be more capacity to the likes of Lisbon, Rome and Prague.

Do this and you grow the passenger numbers, grow the passenger numbers and more airlines start to take note. As Paul Kehoe said 'success breeds success'.

Xiamen Airlines only have one route to Europe out of Xiamen and that is to the huge SkyTeam hub at Amsterdam. If they were looking to add another then CDG and/or LHR would be the obvious favourites. You could also add the likes of Frankfurt, Rome, Madrid, Moscow and a whole host of other European heavy weights which would likely be contenders. I think Birmingham would be way, way, way down on the list for this one.

Out of Beijing they have just 9 routes all of which are domestic.

As much as I'd love to see some of these exotic routes happen the focus needs to be on getting back the likes of Berlin, Milan, Valencia, Stockholm, Reykjavik, Toulouse, Hamburg, Hanover, Lyon, Knock, Bordeaux, Gibraltar, NY, Toronto, Isle of Man and countless others that are missing. There also needs to be more capacity to the likes of Lisbon, Rome and Prague.

Do this and you grow the passenger numbers, grow the passenger numbers and more airlines start to take note. As Paul Kehoe said 'success breeds success'.

Yes there are definitely some huge gaps in the short haul network but the pandemic has certainly not helped.

Stockholm was due to return over the key Easter period this year with SAS. It is encouraging that SAS continue to operate this route year after year at key points in the year which demonstrates that they see potential. A deal by the airport may tempt them and support them in the initial start up, a CR9 could be the perfect aircraft for this route.

Milan is a clear front runner for Wizzs next route.

Rome and Valencia are both bases for Vueling, BHX need to get around the table with them and negotiate, it is worth noting how well Vueling works for Cardiff.

It would be lovely to see Alitalia Cityliner do Milan and Rome and probably the perfect aircraft size to allow for high frequency.

The others I really don't know who could take them over.

I have sent a message to Sial Air and Serene Air (Pakistan)***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- sites suggesting that they take Birmingham International Airport seriously as a UK hub for flights demand is high to all sectors - lets see what happens. Now having Virgin Atlantic in Manchester and Heathrow i think Birmingham will be best easy access road rail and meeting all needs of West Midlands and East Midlands as well as Cardiff and Bristol passenger needs lets see hope they will discuss and start Birmingham UK Flights aswell as many others and Easyjet hope they expand and start long haul from Birmingham (Tel-Aviv and Amman) demand is high thanks Birmingham International Airport UK,,

Should KJAY be in the routes development team at BHX? There are certainly options to occupy vacant slots and offices and a near empty runway, KJAY is an excellent cheerleader and always brightens my day!

A very warm-full afternoon this Saturday afternoon and sunny one indeed to conclude, i have been busy emailing airlines with suggestion to start Birmingham International Airport UK flights some interesting feed back is from FRONTIER AIRLINES " thank you for reaching out. Here at Frontier we are doing our very best to expand the services we can offer in future."( It might be a route they could serve in the future).
AIR TRANSAT " Hi there! Thank you for contacting us, we always appreciate feedback and will report to our operations team. At the moment, we are checking to see what flights we can operate and routes we have authorization for, that also works with our aircraft and capacity." (Birmingham could see AIR TRANSAT and CANADIAN Flights in the future they told me that on telephone conversation as-well.
AIR DOLOMITI say Lufthansa are partners from Birmingham England.
BANGKOK AIRWAYS "currently, we do not have a flight operating on this route. If there is the opening of a new route, we will surely inform our dear passengers." Birmingham INTERNATIONAL _AIRPORT appears to have passenger demand on this sector and we might see them soon in the future.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES " While we don't currently have any plans to add routes to the UK, we certainly appreciate your support and suggestion! Hopefully we can welcome you onboard when our routing serves your travel needs in the future! " I think they might operate Birmingham England if they do decide UK flights in the future.
CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES " Thank you again for your feedback. As you know for the UK we offer direct flights to China from London, where is the base of our local office. Should we expand further this market, our departments will definitely consider the high demand areas such as Central Midlands." This airline have served Birmingham and Beijing before I think they might come in the future.
UNITED AIRLINES " We appreciate your suggestion and will share this with the appropriate team." Birmingham will Welcome them back with warm hands hope they do come back.

I have also written to American Airlines who replied this is a future destination to be served , Delta who say best suggestion they have received and Jet Blue who says they recorded the route for future interest.

Finally Royal Air Brunei have suspended all flights until 25th October 2020 from London Heathrow. They are aware Birmingham has alot of business sense and capacity with Brunei Ready Made Meals as well being manufactured in Birmingham and vast community who fly Heathrow and live in Midlands they will in the future look at potential of Midlands again. - This was a telephone conversation - lets see what happens.

I have emailed other airlines as-well I report back as they correspond. enjoy Saturday Break Week End everyone/
Stay Well ! Stay Safe !

A very warm-full afternoon this Saturday afternoon and sunny one indeed to conclude, i have been busy emailing airlines with suggestion to start Birmingham International Airport UK flights some interesting feed back is from FRONTIER AIRLINES " thank you for reaching out. Here at Frontier we are doing our very best to expand the services we can offer in future."( It might be a route they could serve in the future).
AIR TRANSAT " Hi there! Thank you for contacting us, we always appreciate feedback and will report to our operations team. At the moment, we are checking to see what flights we can operate and routes we have authorization for, that also works with our aircraft and capacity." (Birmingham could see AIR TRANSAT and CANADIAN Flights in the future they told me that on telephone conversation as-well.
AIR DOLOMITI say Lufthansa are partners from Birmingham England.
BANGKOK AIRWAYS "currently, we do not have a flight operating on this route. If there is the opening of a new route, we will surely inform our dear passengers." Birmingham INTERNATIONAL _AIRPORT appears to have passenger demand on this sector and we might see them soon in the future.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES " While we don't currently have any plans to add routes to the UK, we certainly appreciate your support and suggestion! Hopefully we can welcome you onboard when our routing serves your travel needs in the future! " I think they might operate Birmingham England if they do decide UK flights in the future.
CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES " Thank you again for your feedback. As you know for the UK we offer direct flights to China from London, where is the base of our local office. Should we expand further this market, our departments will definitely consider the high demand areas such as Central Midlands." This airline have served Birmingham and Beijing before I think they might come in the future.
UNITED AIRLINES " We appreciate your suggestion and will share this with the appropriate team." Birmingham will Welcome them back with warm hands hope they do come back.

I have also written to American Airlines who replied this is a future destination to be served , Delta who say best suggestion they have received and Jet Blue who says they recorded the route for future interest.

Finally Royal Air Brunei have suspended all flights until 25th October 2020 from London Heathrow. They are aware Birmingham has alot of business sense and capacity with Brunei Ready Made Meals as well being manufactured in Birmingham and vast community who fly Heathrow and live in Midlands they will in the future look at potential of Midlands again. - This was a telephone conversation - lets see what happens.

I have emailed other airlines as-well I report back as they correspond. enjoy Saturday Break Week End everyone/
Stay Well ! Stay Safe !
Love your enthusiasm - but you wont see any of these at BHX anytime soon !

Great stuff KAYJ, at least the seeds are planted and hopefully they germinate into regular services, however long it takes. I hope your application to the Route Development department is taking shape.

AIR BOSNIA currently operates flights to London Luton responded:
"Let’s make Luton happen and Birmingham next Inshallah"

BAMBOO AIR (
Responded when told about Birmingham UK HUB) ( I hope they come majority Vietnamese live midlands with family businesses)

First of all, thank you for being interested in our services.
Moreover, Bamboo Airways is the Vietnamese Aviation services, which just launched the domestic routes around Vietnam only. In the near future, we will consider to develop our services and will provide more international routes. Please stay tuned to receive more details and information.
Have a nice day.
Kind regards,
Bamboo Airways - More than just a flight.

I hope this doesn’t come across as rude, but what kind of research are you doing? Contacting airlines on the other side of the world that have never expressed interest in long haul (Frontier, Southwest, Bangkok), plus a cash-strapped airline that has dropped its only UK route and ceased all scheduled flying is not going to be productive.

The airlines we really need to be hearing from are the ones we already have, and those who have expressed serious interest in the past.

- Do Aegean still have plans to relaunch ATH-BHX?
- Do Blue Air still have plans to launch BCM-BHX?
- Will Austrian return on VIE-BHX for summer 2021?
- Are Aurigny, Loganair, or any others looking at picking up the Isle of Man route?
- Will Indigo and Spicejet, who had applied for slots before the pandemic, still be interested in BHX if and when UK-India travel recovers?
- Are Ryanair and Wizz interested in basing further aircraft at UK airports outside London, with easyJet seemingly on the retreat, and Flybe gone?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock