• Hi Guest . We are in the process of installing new software. If you notice a glitch please let us know.

Leeds Bradford - General Thread

Aug 28, 2014
BBC Look North tonight

Some interesting footage was used on this evening's programme to accompany the good news regarding minimal delays at LBA compared to most other UK airports.

The footage shows a KLM B737-800 PH-BCB arriving on Runway 32. According to the BH records, this happened on 16 December 2011 when KLM1073 became a Manchester diversion.

Oh well, it saves sending a camera crew up the road to capture up to date images!

Barnsley Holidays
Oops. The sun has affected my posting!! This aircraft did make a first visit over 6 years ago, but it made another visit more recently, on 23 February 2017, operating KLM895 Amsterdam to Manchester. Apologies for the error.

Last edited:

Bigman

Jan 14, 2009
That must have been taken the same day as the Transdev promotional apron shot for the new 62 bus to Keighley. That had 2 Sunwings on the ground as well.

twevsmiff

May 9, 2014
Lots of delays today due French Strike.
Most flights picking up slots with around 1 hour to 90 minute delays however things are getting worse/

Two Ryanair flights due out now have slots as follows:-
Malaga schedule time of departure 1115 now has slot of 1620 local
Arrecife schedule time of departure 1200 now has slot of 1510 local

Plus their teatime flight to Alicante has been cancelled

paully

Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
We were caught up in this at FUE yesterday..as we were last September waiting for a flight to Stansted..Lazy sods.But after that debacle we abandoned plans to visit France this year. Back to yesterday the inbound was 90 mins late but Jet2 did a great job in turning the aircraft round and with the help of a good tail wind we were just under an hour late back into Leeds..

Jan 13, 2010
twev - is there any news out there about possible further strikes as I seem to get caught up in French ATC action every blooming year. I'm off to Greece next Tuesday.
You shouldn’t be affected flying East. Your routing shouldn’t take you anywhere near the airspace in question, which is the Marseille area control.

airforced

May 5, 2010
North Yorkshire
I realise that the Greece routing doesn't go anywhere near the French airspace. However, as our outbound flight is late afternoon any problems caused by the French earlier would/could impact on earlier UK flights, which would have a knock on effect as would other flights seeking to file an alternative route to the French airspace they were originally routed through.

Pleased to hear though that nothing seems to be planned so fingers etc crossed.

markietg

Feb 23, 2011
So where is this terminal extension going to be? Where the short stay car parks are now? I wonder how far down the apron it will go down? Massive improvements for the airport when this happens.

Hendi

Jan 12, 2018
Leeds
Interesting interview that. The guy sounds like he means business and very determined to make a success of it. Hope he can back up his words and deliver.

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
I must say the last couple of times I have driven past the new Viking car park it looked very full....not sure about the other car parks as you cant see inside now the tress have grown.....
Guy I know flew out on Bank Holiday Monday to Faro last week with Ryanair and said he had never seen LBA as quite....

SNOWMAN

Jan 12, 2010
good morning all
any one no why the t.u.i. (sunwing) flight) was nearly 3 hours late departing to malaga this morning??
we are on this flight next sunday the 17 june hoping for better time keeping.
regards
snowman

Top Bottom