Hmm.. take the opposite view (sorry) I always thought the earlier 737's were, 'short, fat and therefore ugly'. The longer fuselage variants look much better to me. Having said that I always think rear engined jets look best of all.

A number of things worry me about the 737 max8, firstly its a 1960s design, the 737 100/200 and 300series look great because everythings in proportion, length of fuselage, wingspan, tail etc, also because the 737 was a short aircraft in length the height of the fuselage off the ground was ideal and the old torpedo engines suited it so well and it looked great. But now we have the 800 and max8 series, the length of the aircraft now creates problems with its fast landing speed, fuselage too low to the ground and boeing have now stuck these big max8 engines onto it to create more stability issues as we known, so we end up with fast landing speeds and stability issues, I really hope all these software upgrades have resolved these problems but at the same time don't create more issues due to the sheer amount of new tech onboard the aircraft!
My thoughts entirely fight2win, that’s exactly my view on the situation.
One wonders if they didn’t have the pressure from the a320 neo, would it not have been better to go with a completely new design? The 797 has been mentioned previously as a concept, and when you look at the success of the 787, it could have had the same sales success as that, without the damage to Boeing’s reputation that the Max 8 has caused.

My thoughts entirely fight2win, that’s exactly my view on the situation.
One wonders if they didn’t have the pressure from the a320 neo, would it not have been better to go with a completely new design? The 797 has been mentioned previously as a concept, and when you look at the success of the 787, it could have had the same sales success as that, without the damage to Boeing’s reputation that the Max 8 has caused.
yes i think you have taken the words out of my mouth there, because the 737 is better suited to the shorter 100/200/300 series boeing would of been best to just create a whole new aircraft if they wanted a stretched one to match say the A320 which you can clearly see is a better proportioned stable aircraft.

Must admit as regards looks I prefer the later versions of the 737. The stumpy 300 always looks as if it’s about to give birth! As regards their safety it’s only the Max that has a cloud over it, the 800 for example serves with distinction. I suspect that most modern jets probably have stability software that we’re unaware of.

If you see an old 737 next to a DC9 or BAC 1-11 it soons becomes evident how stumpy the 737 looks. I have same impression of the A380, it seems to be begging for a stretch.

If you see an old 737 next to a DC9 or BAC 1-11 it soons becomes evident how stumpy the 737 looks. I have same impression of the A380, it seems to be begging for a stretch.
but what you will find is that an old 737 is more or less the same length as a dc9 or bac 1-11 but just wider/fatter which clearly suits the airline. not really a fan of the thinner 3-2 seating bac 1-11s, dc9s,mds etc but would far prefer to be on one of those than a 737 max8 due to rear mounted engines!
guess im just more into wider/fatter fuselages than longer/thin ones.

Flew on one BAC-1-11 from Edi-Birmingham-CDG and back when there was no direct EDI-CDG . I recall having to de-plane at Birmingham, going round the block then back on again. A BEA BAC 1-11 is at the Scottish Museum of Flight at East Fortune, along with Concorde and many more.

Please to see that Leeds-Bradford Airport is 1of 20 English Airports to benefit from the
Government's £100m covid finance support package, which was announced earlier this week by the Chancellor Rishi Sunak

Please to see that Leeds-Bradford Airport is 1of 20 English Airports to benefit from the
Government's £100m covid finance support package, which was announced earlier this week by the Chancellor Rishi Sunak

Pleased to see also that the Government recognise the value of airports . Something the Labour MPs and various Councillors in Leeds clearly don't.

the chancellor rishi sunak has certainly been my best friend this year financially helping me out, what he said he delivered! im aware taxes will probably go up but he deffo gets my vote! Feel he would be a good PM too to replace r bojo!
Well at least he can get a few words out without losing the plot. And he owns a hairbrush!! I like Boris apparently.

Just typed in Boris and spell check changed it to virus! Sign of the times??

Well at least he can get a few words out without losing the plot. And he owns a hairbrush!! I like Boris apparently.

Just typed in Boris and spell check changed it to virus! Sign of the times??
I guess you saw bojos Saturday eve presentation then a few weeks back lol green line, blue lines, red line, confusing diagrams, urr right yes,no, up/down,uuurrmm what what I saying lol

the chancellor rishi sunak has certainly been my best friend this year financially helping me out, what he said he delivered! im aware taxes will probably go up but he deffo gets my vote! Feel he would be a good PM too to replace r bojo!

very easy to be popular when you are handing out cash. i wonder how folks will feel when he starts cutting spending and raising taxes over the next few years?

So Wizz Air are to open a base at CWL. Not saying LBA was specifically on their wish list but our current clapped out facilities can't have been any sort of enticement. To me this just proves what others have been saying that LBA will be left behind if our new terminal is not approved. It's going to be hard enough recovering from COVID as it is without the risk of losing market share to other airports. Did wonder whether this should have been posted in infrastructure and developments but decided it was a bit more general. There still remains a fantastic opportunity for a new airline or two at LBA if only one of them was prepared to take the risk. The area is affluent enough, so it must be an infrastructure issue! Over to you fight2win to tell us the reason!

So Wizz Air are to open a base at CWL.
Cardiffs terminal isn't exactly ultra modern and let's remember Wizz already have a base at Doncaster and are rumoured for Manchester as well so would an LBA base be overkill a bit? Especially with Jet2 and Ryanair entrenched there.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock