Leeds Bradford - General Thread

Advertisement

fight2win

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk
And a 5th flight by Jet2 to/from Dalaman. Outbound empty so not showing on the departure board.
very depressing! This year due to covid ive not once been to the viewing points at LBA or even MAN as its so quiet with very few interesting movements, most B747s and A380s are been withdrawn from service plus most international services are not flying at present. grim!

twevsmiff

Platinum Member
May 9, 2014
Looks like we are cutting down the opening hours again. SP-RKR(Ryanair 23) which as been on ground u/s, just departed to Krakow(2035) and tower told him the airport will be closing 15 minutes after his departure. Just told Helimed that airport is closing and they will talk to them again tomorrow

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Looks like we are cutting down the opening hours again. SP-RKR(Ryanair 23) which as been on ground u/s, just departed to Krakow(2035) and tower told him the airport will be closing 15 minutes after his departure. Just told Helimed that airport is closing and they will talk to them again tomorrow
Details of the operating hours are contained in the Leeds NOTAM thread.

Bigman

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Looks like South Yorkshire maybe about to go into Tier 3, so I am guessing that will affect Donny. I wonder if we might pick up some additional punters as a result...until we get lumped into Tier 3 as well.

Heathrowflyer

Oct 29, 2019
Wakefield
Just been chatting to a friend whose job is under threat ...a quarter of jobs (103) at the airport went in July, which took employees down to approx 300...if 107 are now going that will take the figure to around 190. This will become a very small workforce for the airport and is very sad. A large local supermarket will now employ more people Fortunately jet 2 is holding on to most jobs ( currently).

mdobuk21

Feb 20, 2010
Hi
Does anyone know who to contact regarding security? I was on plane tree hill last night taking a shot of the netjets when around 9pm 2 4x4s came down the track and then proceeded up the hill!

lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
I know the access road should be kept clear at all times, hence Airport secuirty regularly check the area to make sure its clear.

But seen as the footpath isn't within the airfield boundary it won't be owned or maintained by the airport. I guess it will be on the local farmers land and possibly Leeds City Council ?

Bigman

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Just read in the Wharfedale Observer that a load of rubbish has been dumped up on Yeadon Moor Road. mdobuk21 - on this basis I think you need to report the 2 x 4x4's that you saw as they could well be the criminal fly-tippers involved.

Advertisement

Top Bottom