They just target the wrong people. I think the figures are something like 15% of the population make up 90%+ of airline travel.

These people rightfully should pay their way or find different ways to conduct business but to penalise the average person in the street is just ridiculous. I take one annual holiday a year, I’m not asking a lot and will happily pay a carbon offset charge but please please don’t be so dumb as to think air travel will not continue. We’ll play our part but hammer the excessive travellers not the ones who’ve worked so hard during a pandemic that they deserve a break in the sunshine with their families.

These people rightfully should pay their way or find different ways to conduct business but to penalise the average person in the street is just ridiculous. I take one annual holiday a year, I’m not asking a lot and will happily pay a carbon offset charge but please please don’t be so dumb as to think air travel will not continue. We’ll play our part but hammer the excessive travellers not the ones who’ve worked so hard during a pandemic that they deserve a break in the sunshine with their families.

Doesn't APD already do that? The more you fly the more times you pay APD.

Listen to this from the amazing alan jones from sky news aus. Those who moan about climate change need to get their facts correct first as alan shows here!
Which is why blaming human activity for co2 increases is nonsensical.

Doesn't APD already do that? The more you fly the more times you pay APD.
It does but the it doesn’t rise the more times you travel. Sustainability is still important and we have to ween some people taking unnecessary flights.

Different scenario. In Switzerland the more speeding fines you get the higher the fine. 100 euros for 1 1,000 euros for 3, you quickly learn to slow down. I am a massive airport fan I am simply making a point about the average person who seems to get hammered for taking one flight a year which isn’t deserved.

Sustainability is still important and we have to ween some people taking unnecessary flights.
But who decides what is an unnecessary flight?

For example, I might believe that flying a football team from Manchester to East Midlands (it happened again recently with a Premier League club) is an unnecessary flight but I expect that the football club would come up with reasons why it is necessary.

It does but the it doesn’t rise the more times you travel. Sustainability is still important and we have to ween some people taking unnecessary flights.

Different scenario. In Switzerland the more speeding fines you get the higher the fine. 100 euros for 1 1,000 euros for 3, you quickly learn to slow down. I am a massive airport fan I am simply making a point about the average person who seems to get hammered for taking one flight a year which isn’t deserved.

Sounds like north korea, the state has decided your flight is unnecessary ;)

I guarantee that if you go down that road the person deciding what is and isn't necessary will not have the same view you do. You never know, they may decide your one trip to Tenerife every year is unnecessary :)

Sounds like north korea, the state has decided your flight is unnecessary ;)

I guarantee that if you go down that road the person deciding what is and isn't necessary will not have the same view you do. You never know, they may decide your one trip to Tenerife every year is unnecessary :)
I take the point and understand what your saying.

The original post regarded people visiting LBIA to protest tomorrow. I was merely commenting that if they were to focus it wouldn’t be these people they should be taking there point to.

Forums are opinions at the end of the day and whilst some of you have made the point ‘unnecessary’ is hard to define I’d agree. BTW I would say Man Utd trip was unnecessary but that is my opinion and people on here would be entitled to disagree with that too. Healthy debate is good, is it not!!

It is the same as North Korea. Seoul destroying! Sorry if that’s a bit too politically risky! Watched an interesting documentary the other night on extreme weather caused by climate change which was quite an eye opener but aviation is not the main culprit

I think me and WH need to go sort out these nutcases, but then again we have a life, no time for these idiots Haha
Sorry, but I can't go up there because I don't want to get locked up, and that's quite likely if I go anywhere near these people. Frankly, the whole thing is getting to the point where it's unacceptable and ridiculous.

And you might have guessed that the group that shall not be mentioned is a member organisation of Stay Grounded. If only these protestors would stay with their feet firmly on the ground in their approach to climate change instead of their ban it all yesterday approach.

Good to tell we are into winter season, and trafitionally the quietest month as we have just 10 arrivals all day today with just the two Belfast flights all morning. At least there are still one or two Jet2 flights. In the past, those wouldn't have been operating either.

Good to tell we are into winter season, and trafitionally the quietest month as we have just 10 arrivals all day today with just the two Belfast flights all morning. At least there are still one or two Jet2 flights. In the past, those wouldn't have been operating either.

And not a single scheduled arrival tomorrow until ~ 2pm as per the LBA website :cry:.

Still looks healthier then other airports.. this winter will be a very tough one for all airlines/airports, lets hope S22 is good for all.

reckless and dangerous behaviour. A drone came very close to hitting a Jet2 aircraft at around 500 ft at LBA. The pilot had to duck as he thought it was going to hit the aircraft. Luckily it avoided being hit and went around and landed safely on its second approach.

reckless and dangerous behaviour. A drone came very close to hitting a Jet2 aircraft at around 500 ft at LBA. The pilot had to duck as he thought it was going to hit the aircraft. Luckily it avoided being hit and went around and landed safely on its second approach.
Total head-cases who will risk killing a plane load of people, just so they can play with their toys.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock