I love the A350, very stylish and so quiet compared with the standard B773 which have become a lot less common in MAN now
with lots of a350s. I must say I like those folding wings on the B777X but didn`t like the B737 Max when I first saw it and I have no wish to fly on it now time to move on with a new design

Boeing 737 max.
Boeing has been given permission to air test the 737 max by the FAA. Boeing are at a stage that they hope it wil be in commercial service by the end of year.Early days for that to happen as many hours of testing and checks to do by boeing and the FAA. So we shall have to watch this space to see how things go.All parties connected with the max will have to be 100% sure that things are right as there is no room in mistakes this time round when its back in the air.

The Boeing max has been cleared to fly by the FAA.It will be some time till it goes back into service as the mods have to be done on aircraft already built.Also the pilots have to go for training again as so much different on the aircraft with the mods. Only a matter of time till the max is cleared in Europe as the CAA will follow the FAA lead. One of the main things to keep it grounded at this time will be covid 19.

The Boeing 737 MAX is due to fly first revinue flight since it was grounded. The aircraft will be flown by American airlines from New York (La Guarda) to Miami on dec the 29th. Reports say the aircraft is aerodynamically unstable with a tendency for nose to pitch during certain manoeures to engine stalling. With whats being said with a passenger flight due to operate it sounds like a corner cut some where with problems not adressed. If the flight operates i wonder how many passengers will cancel their flight. Lots of countries around the world have said they wont allow the plane to operate in their airspace,and a country that affects the aircraft flying in their airspace is Canada. I just think that the aircraft that still have problems wont fly till all sorted out,and the best thing would be scrap the whole 737 max aircraft and start afresh.

@superking you're last 2 posts seem to contradict each other.

The only reason American Airlines will be flying the MAX on the 29th December is because it has been certified by the FAA and will be based on the required modifications and re-training being completed by then. If they aren't the aircraft will be swapped for a non MAX aircraft.

Perhaps look into the history of the McDonnell Douglas DC-10 and de Havilland Comet and see the problems they had after entry into service - both went on to have successful flying careers.

Even without Covid, scrapping the MAX and starting from scratch would ruin Boeing. With the economic impact of Covid added to the mix, if Boeing were to scrap the 737 MAX they would essentially be handing over the entire short-haul market to Airbus, and would likely require at least the Commercial Aircraft Devision nationalising in order to survive.

Will passengers cancel or re-arrange flights if their flight was on a MAX? Ask the 200 odd people on the aircraft and I doubt they could even tell you who the manufacturer was, let alone what model the aircraft is!

Boeing are to stop production next year 2021 on wide bodied aircraft. This is because sales of the 737 max are high and the 737 max mods in the aircraft already built. this will apply to the 777 and 787.

All wide body aircraft? I know the 787 is only going to be produced in South Carolina. Be genuinely surprised if they stop production of the 777 as well.

both models will be stopped. The max issues is 1 thing,but also the state of the airline industry is another.

GOL airlines did first run with the 737 max with pax from Sao Paulo to Porto Alegre. They have 7 max in the fleet and plan to start regular service on the 18 th of december.

Boeing inappropriately coached test pilots during recertification with the FAA. A US congressional report concluded. The FAA and Boeing were trying to cover up important information. The FAA are reviewing the document which contains unsubstantiated allegations. The FAA are confident the 737 max is now safe and all issues sorted. Pilots that will fly the 737 max will have to have more training.

On Tuesday 29th December American Airlines will operate the first fare paying flight since the grounding of 737 MAX. AA718 from Miami to La Guardia NY. Eyes will be watching closely, particularly after last weeks incident on an Air Canada MAX test flight, in which an engine had to be shut down mid flight and an emergency diversion took place!.

Various airlines around the world have grounded the b737 max aircraft. The problem this time is a potential electrical problem. No one has said what the problem is,but in my book the whole aircraft is a problem.

I see today that boeing themselves have halted the certification of the max10 which i believe ryanair have orders for! Boeing been sticking carbon fiber onto the front of their max engines (the nose ring) that dont perform well under high heat and extreme stress!! Hope this dont have impacts on ryanair!
Full review by Juan Browne of the Blancolirio YouTube channel -

As he explains, this affects ALL B737 MAX aircraft.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock