Just watched at least 7 aircraft holding at 23L for about 10 mins...then i realised there were 2 aircraft on final approach to Liverpool...joke!!

Looking at where soon to be gone 48 & 52 Moss Lane were (more car parking) and noticed something unusual about Google Maps latest satellite imagery. There's only 1 solitary Fedex ATR showing, nothing else! That can't be right?

I think they have found a way to blot out the aircraft, you can see like a ghost outline of some aircraft on some stands.

MAN remote stand parking... how much spare space have MAN got for remote parking stands now?

They have got a good collection of TUI 737-MAX8's parked up near the bypassing & sequencing area near the Airport Pub / the end of 23R. Now Thomas Cook have given them more than a few aircraft to park up on remote stands.

The MAX will be there for an undetermined time due to the known problems. Hopefully some of the Thomas Cook aircraft will start to leave as their owners (the leasing companies) regain their legal rights to the aircraft. In the meantime I understand that one or two aircraft have, or might be, moved into the former Air Livery hangar - this needs confirmation.

T1 new multi storey open now I hear...is this pick up only or meet & Greet? So level 13 is back to a normal car park for us spotters then?

Can confirm T1 multi-storey did open yesterday. Joined my private hire taxi there after landing back last night.

Not yet showing on the TFGM page for upcoming bus changes is this for the Runway Visitor Park service

"737:
"This service was introduced in April 2019 with redeployed resource, as part of revisions to the 288 service, journeys provided by D&G on this service will be withdrawn.
Journeys on weekdays will be withdrawn, existing use is 14 per week (Schooldays) and 32 per week (School Holidays)."

Shuttle link

"In response to the withdrawal of service 737 between Manchester Airport and Runway Visitor Park at the end of October, a shuttle service will be introduced using available capacity on the Wythenshawe Local Link vehicles.
Six journeys between Manchester Airport Bus Station to Runway Viewing Park will operate on Saturdays and five will run during school holidays."

I can't believe how few people a week used it! it operated 5 times a day so 10 trips = 70 trips a week. An average of 0.2 passengers a trip on schooldays and 0.46 passengers a trip in school holidays.

I’ve seen some disgusting things before now but that smoking area in T1 is minging to say the least! Get rid! There isn’t one in T3, unsure about the state of the smoking area in T2? Their not needed, smokers have to do without on the flight so same should go for airports!
Rant over!!

Was at the airport on Saturday for a few hours. Sad to see pier C so quiet now after the TCX collapse.
I assume no long term plan ref this pier is existing at the moment? Wishful thinking I suppose on a partial refurb whilst it’s quiet, only keep certain stands/gates open? I have quite a soft spot for this pier but obviously very dated now. Pier B on the other hand needs to go! There shouldn’t even be a debate on refurbishing this hell hole!

When do we expect an update on overall progress of the entire works in progress and future projects? The next TAS meeting I assume or is there another forum?
I would like to attend but work abroad most of the time so not in the UK much during the week

As far as I'm aware there is no special forum with details, apart from those that I and others post on the MANTP thread on this forum.

I'm attending the MACC meeting on Friday and so will update any information that I glean from there - but it is normally a case of councillors discussing past event and how to avoid future problems.#

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock