Advertisement

Manchester Airport - General Thread

EGCC_MAN

Premium Member Plus
Feb 2, 2016
Do we know how many passengers went through the airport over the bank holiday weekend? I haven't heard any MEN or daily stail stories on horrendous queues etc so like to think MAN were well prepared and staffed adequately?!
I passed through MAN as a passenger three times over the holiday weekend. Inbound from Kyiv Boryspil with Ryanair Friday lunchtime: no delays whatsoever arriving through T3. Outbound Sunday morning very early for the O5:55 KLM to Amsterdam through T3: lots of early Ryanair pax going through as well but all flowed smoothly, queueing less than five minutes. Inbound on SAS from Copenhagen through T1 around 09:30 on Monday - maybe two minutes of a queue, nothing to speak of. All looked very well organised to me. Quite happy with it.

Advertisement

BlueManc

Nov 7, 2017
Manchester
Same here. No problems except my dodgy passport that wont go through our e-gates - ok at AMS, TXL and PRG though!

I guess it's the same as any UK transport infrastructure, with plan A well thought through, but without any viable contingency or spare capacity for problems. It's fine if it works...

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
Toulouse
Just watched at least 7 aircraft holding at 23L for about 10 mins...then i realised there were 2 aircraft on final approach to Liverpool...joke!!

BlueManc

Nov 7, 2017
Manchester
Looking at where soon to be gone 48 & 52 Moss Lane were (more car parking) and noticed something unusual about Google Maps latest satellite imagery. There's only 1 solitary Fedex ATR showing, nothing else! That can't be right?

Jamman

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Oct 31, 2017
Wakefield
I think they have found a way to blot out the aircraft, you can see like a ghost outline of some aircraft on some stands.

Kraken

Dec 30, 2017
Nottingham
MAN remote stand parking... how much spare space have MAN got for remote parking stands now?

They have got a good collection of TUI 737-MAX8's parked up near the bypassing & sequencing area near the Airport Pub / the end of 23R. Now Thomas Cook have given them more than a few aircraft to park up on remote stands.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
The MAX will be there for an undetermined time due to the known problems. Hopefully some of the Thomas Cook aircraft will start to leave as their owners (the leasing companies) regain their legal rights to the aircraft. In the meantime I understand that one or two aircraft have, or might be, moved into the former Air Livery hangar - this needs confirmation.

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
Toulouse
T1 new multi storey open now I hear...is this pick up only or meet & Greet? So level 13 is back to a normal car park for us spotters then?

EGCC_MAN

Premium Member Plus
Feb 2, 2016
Can confirm T1 multi-storey did open yesterday. Joined my private hire taxi there after landing back last night.

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
Not yet showing on the TFGM page for upcoming bus changes is this for the Runway Visitor Park service

"737:
"This service was introduced in April 2019 with redeployed resource, as part of revisions to the 288 service, journeys provided by D&G on this service will be withdrawn.
Journeys on weekdays will be withdrawn, existing use is 14 per week (Schooldays) and 32 per week (School Holidays)."

Shuttle link

"In response to the withdrawal of service 737 between Manchester Airport and Runway Visitor Park at the end of October, a shuttle service will be introduced using available capacity on the Wythenshawe Local Link vehicles.
Six journeys between Manchester Airport Bus Station to Runway Viewing Park will operate on Saturdays and five will run during school holidays."

I can't believe how few people a week used it! it operated 5 times a day so 10 trips = 70 trips a week. An average of 0.2 passengers a trip on schooldays and 0.46 passengers a trip in school holidays.

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
Toulouse
I’ve seen some disgusting things before now but that smoking area in T1 is minging to say the least! Get rid! There isn’t one in T3, unsure about the state of the smoking area in T2? Their not needed, smokers have to do without on the flight so same should go for airports!
Rant over!!

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
Toulouse
Was at the airport on Saturday for a few hours. Sad to see pier C so quiet now after the TCX collapse.
I assume no long term plan ref this pier is existing at the moment? Wishful thinking I suppose on a partial refurb whilst it’s quiet, only keep certain stands/gates open? I have quite a soft spot for this pier but obviously very dated now. Pier B on the other hand needs to go! There shouldn’t even be a debate on refurbishing this hell hole!

Advertisement

Top Bottom