This kind of 'fake' reporting leads to a loss of confidence in the papers ability to accurately report other news!

They may as well call themselves the LEP because they probably don't even know they are in Yorkshire. Please feel free to create your own punchlines for the 'L'

This is the route announcement I referred to recently when I reported back from the Consultative Meeting. I had no idea (officially) which airline or route it would be, but Flybmi seemed the most likely - especially when every time I google Flybmi, a box comes up with their logo and fleet details, which listed LBA as a hub airport - even though it isn't and the route hadn't been announced. We were told that this new route may lead to more from Flybmi in the future, so lets hope it is a real success and maybe one day we will be a Flybmi hub! Assuming it is an E145, it seems like an ideal size of aircraft for a new route - small enough to be economical, big enough to carry a reasonable load and, it's a jet aircraft, which will keep the folk happy that think propellers equates to ancient and unsafe.

Good news and Munich a city which should be very popular attracting both leisure and business passengers, plus a connection onto Lufthansa flights. I would guess Brussels may well be a future target for FlyBmi from LBA, as they fly there from other UK airports.
Also Frankfurt ! 3x Daily from Bristol. Lets hope for a LBA business hub with FlyBmi in the not too distant future. Of course the business community especially has to get behind it- use it or lose it they say.

Good news and Munich a city which should be very popular attracting both leisure and business passengers, plus a connection onto Lufthansa flights. I would guess Brussels may well be a future target for FlyBmi from LBA, as they fly there from other UK airports.
Also Frankfurt ! 3x Daily from Bristol. Lets hope for a LBA business hub with FlyBmi in the not too distant future. Of course the business community especially has to get behind it- use it or lose it they say.
Any news whether LBA-MUC will be a Lufthansa code share?

From Bristol, flybmi flies up to 3 x daily to Frankfurt; 2 x daily to Munich; up to 3 x daily to Paris CDG (against easyJet); daily to Aberdeen, Hamburg, Dusseldorf and 2 x weekly to Gothenburg. They also fly 3 x daily to Brussels (they used to do so on behalf of Brussels Airlines and from next spring the route will be taken over by CityJet). Frankfurt and Munich are Lufthansa code shares.

So that could be a template for what might happen at LBA although they will either have to acquire more aircraft or drop some of the existing routes across their network. Every year flybmi seems to speak of bringing in larger aircraft for some of their routes but thus far it hasn't happened. They also appear to be switching some aircraft to sister company, Loganair.

I've never flown with them but I'm told that their onboard service is very good BUT they cancel a lot of flights. For much of the earlier part of this year it was almost a daily occurrence for flybmi to cancel at least one rotation at BRS, sometimes more. Recent months have seen an improvement but cancellations still occur more frequently than ought to be expected.

TheLocalYokel - it doesn't look as though it is a code share at present. I've had a look at the site and only LBA - MUC shows, therefore no onward connections possible in a single booking. I might have been interested in using Lufty for an transit/onward flight but (a) timings inconvenient (overnight stays required) and (b) too expensive having to make two separate bookings for the destination I was looking at.

Roll on another carrier arriving or Jet2/Ryan expanding thier offerings.

Any news whether LBA-MUC will be a Lufthansa code share?

TheLocalYokel - it doesn't look as though it is a code share at present. I've had a look at the site and only LBA - MUC shows, therefore no onward connections possible in a single booking. I might have been interested in using Lufty for an transit/onward flight but (a) timings inconvenient (overnight stays required) and (b) too expensive having to make two separate bookings for the destination I was looking at.

Roll on another carrier arriving or Jet2/Ryan expanding thier offerings.

LBA management advised us that the Munich flight did benefit from a Lufthansa code share, and also see the attached line taken from the Flybmi press release on their own website.

Passengers will further benefit from on-going connections via Munich thanks to flybmi’s partnership with Lufthansa. The new route opens up flybmi’s customers to a wealth of global destinations.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock