Just boarded tonights flight from BTS. Very impressed with Bratislava airport.
Flight full.
To elaborate slightly, BTS's terminal was a similar construction to DSA but longer and no morevthan 10 years old, all very clean. Departures upstairs with 14 gates, 1-10 were from one end of the terminal to the other. Very light and spacious.

Glad as I was to be landing at Leeds it made me realise how far our standards have fallen behind, it just feels dark cramped and shabby.

Paid a visit to the LBA landside toilets, which were old fashioned and nowhere near as clean as the ones at BTS. Bits of toilet paper on the floor etc.

Roll on the terminal improvements!

Going to Alicante would have sent you a picture of it as I complained over 12 months ago and it keeps saying I’ve used my allowed number of attachments

Going to Alicante would have sent you a picture of it as I complained over 12 months ago and it keeps saying I’ve used my allowed number of attachments

Any further questions...

For the first time in about 5/6 years I'm using Ryanair for my 4 day mini break to Lanzarote from Leeds next month. Booking through an online travel agent has come out way cheaper than Jet2.

Same for next summer, As I'm using Sun Express to Antalya from Leeds in June as an all inclusive 2 week package holiday though "On the Beach" works a hell lot cheaper than Jet2Holidays offer to the same hotel/resort.

Last edited:
For the first time in about 5/6 years I'm using Ryanair for my 4 day mini break to Lanzarote from Leeds next month. Booking through an online travel agent has come out way cheaper than Jet2.

Same for next summer, As I'm using Sun Express to Antalya from Leeds in June as an all inclusive 2 week package holiday though "On the Beach" works a hell lot cheaper than Jet2Holidays offer to the same hotel/resort.
I think Jet2 are trading on their reputation. Sooner or later their pricing strategy is going to catch up with them.

We have done the same for some years on our regular holidays to Gran Canaria using Travel Republic flying with Ryanair or preferably Monarch until they collapsed savings 25%/40%, including taxi from the airport never really had any issues and would be at hotel while Jet2 orTUI coach would still be at the airport waiting for the inevitable stragglers.

I think Jet2 are trading on their reputation. Sooner or later their pricing strategy is going to catch up with them.
That's my view as well...In the meantime Ryanair have quietly upped their game in terms of service in the air...ok not so on the ground but the difference in prices are eye watering...I've really tried to justify the difference but it's Ryanair again in January..

It's supply and demand. It won't catch up with them because if bookings start to drop, they will drop prices. They sell at the prices people will pay. You might not, but their planes remain full. It's the penalty for having relatively few options now for package deals or seat only.

It's supply and demand. It won't catch up with them because if bookings start to drop, they will drop prices. They sell at the prices people will pay. You might not, but their planes remain full. It's the penalty for having relatively few options now for package deals or seat only.
Sounds like competition is mounting so hopefully prices will come down.

I think it is not trading on its reputation. Most of Jet2’s business is like the IT packages of old with little emphasis on flight only, a market they seem to have little interest in nowadays. If the prices are high, it probably means the packages are selling out or that seat only allocations have been reduced to accommodate IT passengers. Ryanair will often be cheaper as their prices depend not on package availability but on availability of seats on their flights.

The outlaws flew out to Crete on Friday on yes you guessed it, a Jet2 Holidays package. Something they do 2 to 3 times a year. No need to change anything that is successful. Only if it stops being so does it then need to change. Very astute business model

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock