Advertisement

Expected Movements & Heads Up

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Not quite sure where to post these, but sitting up very late I noticed this on FR24 -

View attachment 14501

G-FCSL appears to be registered to FCS Flight Calibration Services. Looking at R33 ILS?

Kevin
Following this further and looking at the callsign (VOR01), I suspect this is carrying out calibration of VOR (VHF Omni-Directional Rangefinder) beacons.

I'm still puzzled by the Royal Jordanian A320 though!

Kevin

Advertisement

elmdon74

Sep 28, 2014
Following this further and looking at the callsign (VOR01), I suspect this is carrying out calibration of VOR (VHF Omni-Directional Rangefinder) beacons.

View attachment 14503

I'm still puzzled by the Royal Jordanian A320 though!

Kevin
Hi Kevin,the Royal Jordanian was probably arriving with refugees from the war in Syria from Beirut.There have been several similar flights in the last couple of years always from Beirut arriving very early in the morning.Regards,Simon.

JENNYJET

Premium Member Plus
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
I would like to know if MAEL have returned by another entity if using the hangar and why a pair of relatively new B789's are in for attention?

it was one of the highlights when we had frequent visits by exotics to MAEL, a change from the usual flow of scheduled types, this past week excepted.

having a MD11 and A340 has offered spotters a reason to get out and record the visits.

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
I would like to know if MAEL have returned by another entity if using the hangar and why a pair of relatively new B789's are in for attention?
Probably the same reason as posted by Big Vern back in early July -

Apple aviation carrying out engine changes, Adhoc hangar use.
Are the 787's still having problems with the RR Trent 1000's?

Kevin

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Hi Kevin,the Royal Jordanian was probably arriving with refugees from the war in Syria from Beirut.There have been several similar flights in the last couple of years always from Beirut arriving very early in the morning.Regards,Simon.
Thanks for the info, Simon. That's quite interesing.
I did a search on FR24 the next day and found this -

I had assumed it was some error on FR24, but your explanation seems to make sense. Do you know if they've flown refugees into BHX before?

Kevin

elmdon74

Sep 28, 2014
Thanks for the info, Simon. That's quite interesing.
I did a search on FR24 the next day and found this -

View attachment 14714

View attachment 14715

I had assumed it was some error on FR24, but your explanation seems to make sense. Do you know if they've flown refugees into BHX before?

Kevin
There have been several flights in the last few years usually flown by lesser known European charter airlines.Dont think Jordanian have been in before but stand to be corrected.Thanks,Simon.

Advertisement

Top Bottom