Those passengers means that in under 8 hours in April 2019, more passengers passed through the airport than in the whole of April this year

CAA statistics have been published for April but unfortunately Manchester has not submitted data yet:cry:

Pax

Stansted – 20,607 down 99.2%

Manchester – 18,750 down 99.3%

East Mids – zero

Cargo

East Mids – 30,547 down 0.7%

Stansted – 21,210 up 14.1%

Manchester 1,342 down 85.9%

Traffic figures at all MAG airports were severely impacted by the outbreak of Covid-19 in May, as travel restrictions and a dramatic reduction in demand for flights impacted the Group’s passenger numbers. MAG’s reduction was reflective of world trends, with global travel demand reduced by 97% compared to previous year, according to UK Government data.

All MAG airports saw passenger figures reduce by at least 99.3% year-on-year in May, with MAG’s three airports serving 39,357 passengers between them, compared with 5.7 million last May.

At London Stansted Airport and East Midlands Airports, cargo figures held up well (STN: +14.1%, EMA: -0.7%) as key freight operators used the airports to keep essential goods flowing into the country and providing UK firms with a key route to export.

East Midlands Airport was one of the most resilient European airports by flight numbers in May, as its important role as the UK’s biggest airport for cargo aircraft continued.

Pax

Stansted – 20,607 down 99.2%

Manchester – 18,750 down 99.3%

East Mids – zero

Cargo

East Mids – 30,547 down 0.7%

Stansted – 21,210 up 14.1%

Manchester 1,342 down 85.9%

Traffic figures at all MAG airports were severely impacted by the outbreak of Covid-19 in May, as travel restrictions and a dramatic reduction in demand for flights impacted the Group’s passenger numbers. MAG’s reduction was reflective of world trends, with global travel demand reduced by 97% compared to previous year, according to UK Government data.

All MAG airports saw passenger figures reduce by at least 99.3% year-on-year in May, with MAG’s three airports serving 39,357 passengers between them, compared with 5.7 million last May.

At London Stansted Airport and East Midlands Airports, cargo figures held up well (STN: +14.1%, EMA: -0.7%) as key freight operators used the airports to keep essential goods flowing into the country and providing UK firms with a key route to export.

East Midlands Airport was one of the most resilient European airports by flight numbers in May, as its important role as the UK’s biggest airport for cargo aircraft continued.

12m ending 31.05.20

Manchester – 23,259,993 down 19.6%

Stansted – 21,944,315 down 22.9%

East Mids – 3,591,213 down 25.6%

Not disputing the data, it’s obvious what’s happening, but once again it’s a shame IanF posts so quickly the negative figures like he’s playing fastest finger first on who wants to be a millionaire, but when the figures are positive, it’s like his computer/device mysteriously stops working?

History repeating really, it was the same the last time we had a recession and run of negative figures.

Point I’m getting at, once again it seems the MAN sub-forum only gets ‘outside visitors’ when there’s something bad to report. When there’s something good, it seems the only visitors are the crickets and tumbleweed. I’ve got no issue with people posting, but remember, you are allowed to discuss positives here too you know guys!

Not disputing the data, it’s obvious what’s happening, but once again it’s a shame IanF posts so quickly the negative figures like he’s playing fastest finger first on who wants to be a millionaire, but when the figures are positive, it’s like his computer/device mysteriously stops working?

History repeating really, it was the same the last time we had a recession and run of negative figures.

Point I’m getting at, once again it seems the MAN sub-forum only gets ‘outside visitors’ when there’s something bad to report. When there’s something good, it seems the only visitors are the crickets and tumbleweed. I’ve got no issue with people posting, but remember, you are allowed to discuss positives here too you know guys!
I post the figures every month !
Unless Scottie beats me to it !
Why do you always have to react this way ?
The figures compared to other airports are good why always turn on me when I am just posting what MAG have released ?
Mods - Feel free to step in if you want to but again it is not me in the wrong - just posting facts !!

Seasider is quite correct in that we are all members here and all are welcome to post on any of the forums so long as the content remains within the guidelines. Unfortunately, whilst nobody likes it, bad news is just as valid as good news and in this case is a perfectly acceptable post.

Before anyone jumps down my throat accusing me of simply 'defending another BHX forumer' I very rarely visit the MAN forum so have absolutely no idea of Ian's posting history on here. The judgement is on that post and that post alone which looks to be just a copy of a press release containing only facts, these can be discussed as much as people wish but please lets not make it personnel, play the ball and not the man, or woman.

do the the "manchester members" only want positive news posting?

No, I don’t want ‘only positive news posting’, but it would be nice if there was as much effort to join the debate when the news is good as it does when the news is bad. When the news I sent good, it’s predominantly the ‘scotty, David and Mullion show’. When the news is bad, then all of a sudden everyone’s a MAN expert. Balance works both ways, good and bad.

Ian,

You are smarter than you let on, you know exactly what I’m talking about but for the sake of ‘can’t be ar**ed’ I’ll leave it after this post. But be under no illusion, im actually going to hedge a bet that as soon as the figures turn positive again, scotty will just, by pure luck ‘start beating you to it’ again. Years of the pattern is no coincidence.

June Pax

Stansted – 59,176 down 97.8%

Manchester – 40,280 down 98.6%

East Midlands – 1,263 down 99.8%

12m end 30.06.20 Pax

Manchester – 20,330,678 down 29.9%

Stansted – 19,358,550 down 32.1%

East Midlands – 3,055,718 down 36.4%

Cargo

East Midlands – 33,124 up 10.9%

Stansted – 23,080 up 11.9%

Manchester – 1,860 down 80.3%

Source
https://mediacentre.magairports.com/mag-june-2020-traffic-statistics/

In post #910, Sir Raymond passed judgment on a single posting of Ian F. Written like a good lawyer would. The discussion continues hopefully in a good spirit since there little positive to report. I only wish BHX management could be as honest with bad news as Ian F has been.

I'm away from home at present - not only in so far as being in the North Lakes - but have restricted internet access.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the Manchester threads alive with updates.

As far as I can see we have a daily B77W for August and September then October becomes double daily A380 from October. This is however subject to constant change as Emirates update their schedules according to passenger demand.

I also understand that Ethiopian is as definite as possible to restart on 2nd August.

More updates when i have better access - towards the end of this coming week.

At last Manchester has provided figures to the CAA and so I now am able to provide my monthly statistical report for April (abbreviated as it is). Numbers for May will follow tomorrow.

Manchester Statistics – April 2020

Introduction

The first full month under Corona Covid-19 and, as expected the figures are dire.

New destinations
Kuwait appeared for the first time with 2,093 passengers

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)
All routes have dropped out of this category

The following domestic statistics are missing from the CAA report for April
No airports that connect to Manchester were excluded

Traffic statistics
Passengers – 23,728 -99.0% on April 2019. Rolling Year – 25,846,884 –10.1% on 2019

All destinations - by passenger numbers
View attachment 17034

Destinations by percentage change.
View attachment 17035

Comparison of top 25 destinations – April 2000 versus April 2020
View attachment 17036

Load factors analysis on certain routes
View attachment 17037

Calculations are based of FlightRadar24 for days of flight operation, Planespotter.net for Seat Plans and CAA data for monthly figures.

As promised here are the statistics for May

Manchester Statistics – May 2020

Introduction

The second full month under Corona Covid-19 and, as expected the figures are still dire.

New destinations
2 new Chinese destinations: Chongqing with 215 passengers and Hangzhou with 164

The following domestic statistics are missing from the CAA report for May

Traffic statistics
Passengers – 18,750 -99.3% on May 2019. Rolling Year – 23,259,993 –19.6% on 2019

View attachment 17040

View attachment 17041

Comparison of top destinations – May 2000 versus May 2020
View attachment 17042

View attachment 17043

Calculations are based of FlightRadar24 for days of flight operation, Planespotter.net for Seat Plans and CAA data for monthly figures.

Please remember when looking at these figures that they only reflect passengers per flight. One needs to take into account that Addis Ababa and Houston/Singapore are destinations which are part of a route that serves not just Manchester but another city enroute.

Manchester Statistics – June 2020

Introduction

The third full month under Corona Covid-19 and, as expected the figures are still dire but slowly recovering (very slowly)

New destinations
No new destinations were saved this month

The following domestic statistics are missing from the CAA report for June

Traffic statistics
Passengers – 39,924 -98.6% on June 2019. Rolling Year – 20,329,973 –29.9% on 2019
Movements – 738 -96.1% on June 2019. Rollin Year – 138,640 -29.1% on 2019

View attachment 17045

View attachment 17046

Comparison of top destinations – June 2000 versus June 2020
View attachment 17047

View attachment 17048
Please remember when looking at these figures that they only reflect passengers per flight. One needs to take into account that Addis Ababa and Houston/Singapore are destinations which are part of a route that serves not just Manchester but another city enroute.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock