nice to know but until we see the updated schedules, we'll not know the impact to BHX... anyone see any changes so far?

So TUI are saying

The collapse of Thomas Cook has prompted Tui to raise summer 2020 capacity from the UK by two million seats. In-house airline Tui Airways will also create jobs for more than 100 pilots and over 200 cabin crew, with many being recruited from the failed rival.

“I’m particularly proud to be able to commit to offering over 50 Thomas Cook captains the opportunity to join Tui Airways and continue to fly customers on their holidays.”

Good for the ex TCX crews, but they fly Airbus, TUI flys Boeing, I'm sure I read somewhere it takes months of training to move from an Airbus to Boeing? Unless TUI are buying/leasing Airbus's? and where are the new TUI aircraft coming from? Do they believe the Max will be back and all aircraft on order will be delivered by next summer??

I wish them luck, but cant see any more aircraft being based at BHX for next summer.

Good for the ex TCX crews, but they fly Airbus, TUI flys Boeing, I'm sure I read somewhere it takes months of training to move from an Airbus to Boeing? Unless TUI are buying/leasing Airbus's? and where are the new TUI aircraft coming from? Do they believe the Max will be back and all aircraft on order will be delivered by next summer??

Type ratings usually take around 2 months. Bare in mind they've got the whole winter season when demand is lower to retrain pilots.

Interesting, the order that the bases are listed in -

Manchester, Doncaster Sheffield, Birmingham, Newcastle and Glasgow.

I would have assumed alphabetical or by base size. Unless they are listed in order of seat increases.

and where are the new TUI aircraft coming from? Do they believe the Max will be back and all aircraft on order will be delivered by next summer??

That was my first thought, whilst retaining at least some of the B737-800 fleet longer.
But, I doubt an airline would offer new contracts and undertake training on the 'hope' that the 737-MAX fleet will be in service by then. So, would it be advantageous to lease the ex Thomas Cook A320 fleet (at least as a temporary measure) for which the flight and cabin crew are already type rated?

Good to see new job prospects for the former Thomas Cook staff.

Kevin

Hurghada is showing as 3x weekly for winter.

I remember a third weekly flight being announced but I thought that it was quietly dropped soon after, or did I dream that? :unsure:

Good news either way :D

Kevin listed the distribution of bases, noting Birmingham as the solitary southern UK airport. Does anyone read anything in that or am I alone in thinking TUI are concentrating on northern operations?

I think everyone is taking this article as gospel.
Let’s wait and see what happens rather than go on what an individual has come up with in an article.
Note that the article points out that growth is expected at DSA, which wasn’t a TCX base, yet has had growth announced this year for summer 2020. Could it be that they are drawing upon past information?
The article doesn’t say anything about LGW, BRS, STN, CWL and EMA, all of which were TCX bases, and are large TUI bases. It would surprise me to find that TUI decide not to expand at any of the latter...

The article is basically the same as Tui's own press release. No evidence of anything actually happening yet though.

Had a meeting with a few regional managers down at Luton, so I really can't say much. But good things are coming!

You cant make a statement like this and not expect someone to ask questions:

1. when will we hear this news?
2. is this BHX related? and
3. S20 or S21

...we hear that they are ready to announce S21 schedule soon but the S20 schedule has not been updated to take into account TCX demise, the re-use of MAX aircraft and these extra 2 million seats.....

we await with baited breathe!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock