Lets give the guys some slack as I am sure they will want to put a big press release out after all the staff
are in the loop icl shops etc etc
I agree. People drop hints because they like to share what looks like good news. Time will come when the news is official and we can all go...."what?!!! TUI rebranded as Thompson again and reopening the old Coventry base?"

"what?!!! TUI rebranded as Thompson again and reopening the old Coventry base?"

or even Thomson!! - I don't know how accurate the 2nd 787 is for summer, might only be based on the fact that on 1 day of the week we need 2 787s, I believe the extra 787 is the frame that does the NCL & GLA flights, and positions in just for 1 flight. Also the 787s are all allocated, unless then source one from one of the other TUI airlines

I missed it myself so a big thank you to Pete for the information.

Apparently 10 based aircraft for S20 with a sprinkling of away based flights.

BHX News section certainly a lot more active (y)

TUI UK Launches Additional 194,000 Seats for Summer 2020 From Birmingham Airport
  • New flights to Almeria and Split
  • 194,000 extra seats go on sale today from Birmingham Airport
22 October 2019 - TUI, the UK’s largest holiday company, has announced their biggest ever holiday programme with the addition of new destinations; Almeria (Spain) and Split (Croatia) added to its summer 2020 programme from Birmingham Airport.
The new flights from Birmingham Airport will go on sale today with Almeria flights operating on Sundays and Split on Fridays.
TUI have added 16 additional flying days across 11 of its current destinations that depart from Birmingham Airport, including customer favourites such as Antalya (Turkey), Tenerife (Spain) and Rhodes (Greece)*. The summer 2020 programme will also see an increase in the frequency of flights operating to Ibiza (Spain), Mahon (Menorca) and Palma (Spain), giving holidaymakers from the Midlands more choice when booking next year’s summer holiday.
tuifly19.jpg

TUI UK&I’s Director of Aviation Planning, Karen Switzer said: “Earlier this month TUI announced an additional two million seats to many holiday destination favourites and today the majority of these seats go on sale for summer 2020. We are delighted that our new additions launched today provide holidaymakers departing from our regional airports with even more choice when deciding where to go next summer on holiday. The customer is at the heart of everything we do and this additional growth to some of our customer’s favourite holiday hotspots demonstrates our continued commitment for people to discover their smile with us. “
Tom Screen, Aviation Director from Birmingham Airport, said: “We are delighted that TUI has added even more capacity and two new routes to its portfolio from Birmingham Airport during summer 2020. These new routes by TUI means that Midlanders have over 40 direct destinations to choose from with the UK’s largest holiday company. Whether it is a short break in Spain or a longer break to Egypt, TUI offers a great choice for all needs and we are pleased to be able to work with them on this exciting expansion at Birmingham Airport.”

ACE = 4X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
AYT = 7X WEEKLY (+3 WEEKLY)
BOJ = 4X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
CFU = 2X WEEKLY (-2 WEEKLY)
DLM = 7X WEEKLY (+2 WEEKLY)
HRG = 4X WEEKLY (+2 WEEKLY)
KGS = 3X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
LEI = 1X WEEKLY (NEW!!!)
LCA = 4X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
MAH = 5X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
NBE = 3X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
PMI = 10X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
RHO = 5X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
SPU = 1X WEEKLY (NEW!!!)
TFS = 5X WEEKLY (+1 WEEKLY)
ZTH = 5X WEEKLY (+2 WEEKLY)

TOTAL = +19X WEEKLY FLIGHTS (+15.4%)
TOTAL MOVEMENTS = 142X WEEKLY

Some significant growth there (y)

Almeria will replace the Thomas Cook capacity as will the increases to Turkey and Hurghada. Split was never served by TCX so I can only assume that after it was added, then dropped, last year it was always in the plan for S20.

The one disappointment is that we couldn't have secured another Santorini as we're now down to just one weekly flight.

Some significant growth there (y)

Almeria will replace the Thomas Cook capacity as will the increases to Turkey and Hurghada. Split was never served by TCX so I can only assume that after it was added, then dropped, last year it was always in the plan for S20.

The one disappointment is that we couldn't have secured another Santorini as we're now down to just one weekly flight.

Would be interesting to know with the Thomas Cook losses and the additional flights from mainly Jet2 and TUI is there still a net loss?

Wow you need a crystal ball to work that out, my guess is that there will be a net loss of flights but that will
make things a bit more sustainable as is the case for most airports that were served by TCX. Airlines will know how
things are going and will add flights where and when they can if needed without dropping prices.

Even if there is a drop in the number of flights, as long as its not too large, and with higher load factors the drop in passengers numbers shouldn't be as large (if at all...)

Yes I agree mostly, most people if they booked using c/c or debit should have got their money back however anybody who paid by cash and I know someone I work with has been told they MAY get their money back in 6 months or so but maybe not all of it ( the lady across the road from me paid by credit card and got money back in two days and has already rebooked and travelled) and with price increases from the other companies there could well be a leakage of people who will either wait a year or perhaps go for less holidays but yes in general I think the other companies should do well out of TCX downfall.
I haven`t seen the ACL report for BHX but I have seen the Manchester winter one which recons on about .75% down on pax this winter but that does include everything flying so it does look if things won`t be as gloomy as we all thought and may give us all some interesting aircraft ( believe me it was gloomy up here when it sunk in that we could lose a million pax)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock