In true TUi/BHX style Goa has disappeared again.

One to keep an eye on into the new year to see if it's just a glitch.

a few changes made for summer now:-

Monday, the morning TUI 737 flight to Palma has gone, and replaced by an early evening flight, inbound from Palma at 17:00, outbound to Palma at 18:00, so Air Europa, Alba Star, or Evelop maybe? This means that 1 TUI 737 is not required until 16:15, unless a new flight is added later?

Thursday, Zakynthos flight has been dropped, and replaced by a Antalya flight, 06:00-15:45, which also means the Freebird? Antalya flight has now gone.

Sunday, extra Zakynthos TUI morning flight 08:25-16:55, but the afternoon TUI 737 Dalaman flight is dropped, replaced by an early morning Dalaman flight, inbound 08:20, outbound 09:20, possibly Freebird? This means at present an extra TUI aircraft is required for Sunday morning, but the old afternoon Dalaman slot hasn’t been filled. ( A simple departure time change for Heraklion from 07:05 to 16:35 would make sense and counter act the needed extra aircraft!)

Wednesday, still not yet sorted out either, still showing an extra 737 required in the afternoon! - expect more changes still!

From the BHX web site

TUI AIRWAYS FIRST FLIGHTS RETURN TO EGYPT’S SHARM EL SHEIKH

19 February 2020
TUI - The world’s leading holiday company and the UK’s largest holiday provider has today launched flights back to Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt from Birmingham Airport. The Boeing 737-800 took off this morning with excited passengers and crew on board.

The flight marks the return of TUI holidays to Sharm El Sheikh, with thousands of customers heading to the Egyptian favourite this summer – planted on the bottom of the Shai Peninsula to enjoy its 35km of coastline, year-round dry climate and warm waters of the Red Sea.

Eleven resorts including TUI Magic Life Sharm El Sheikh and Reef Oasis Blue Bay along the beautiful Red Sea coast are on sale, with more hotel announcements in the pipeline.

The destination is perfect for both couple and families looking to lap up the local culture, whilst taking in picture-perfect views. The resort is also widely popular with those seeking water sport activities such as scuba diving and snorkelling in the famous coral reefs.

Mark Hall, Director of Product and Destination Experience TUI UK & Ireland said:
“At TUI, we’re committed to offering our customers an outstanding choice of holidays across the globe and we’re delighted to welcome holidaymakers back to Sharm El Sheik. From its dune filled deserts and mountain ranges, to the paddle-friendly waters and all-round great value – it’s a strong favourite with both families and couples looking to get more from their summer break.

Tom Screen, Aviation Director at Birmingham Airport said:
“Having the Sharm El Sheikh service resumed with TUI UK today is great news for Midlands travellers. TUI recognised the demand for this popular Egyptian destination, giving customers a great choice for both winter and summer.”

The return to Sharm El Sheikh gives customers even more choice of high-quality winter sun and summer breaks.

latest update for summer 2020 now shows the following based aircraft :-

1 x B788, (+extra B788 for 2 days), 2 x B757, 4 x B738, 1 x A321, 2 x A320

so 2 leased in Airbus A320's and 1 A321, any ideas which airlines these will be coming from?

STN & LGW also get a leased A320 each, so it could be a mix of airlines - I assumed the STN based A320 could be Titan?

I've heard TUI have gotten a few aircraft from Pegasus. The A330 could be ex PGS as they replace the A320ceo with NEO.

Either that of Gowair like TUI are already using?

Summer 2020 current schedule shows the following aircraft based:-

1 x B787 based May-Oct
1 x B787 based May-Oct part week (Tue-Thu)
1 x B757 based May-Oct
1 x B757 based May-Sept
4 x B737 based May-Oct
2 x B737 based Sept- Oct (replaces A320/A321/B757)

1 x A321 based May-Sept (believed to be SmartLynx aircraft)
2 x A320 based end of May till end of Aug (also SmartLynx aircraft)

Wednesday morning still shows 1 B737 parked up (maybe maintenance?) and then an extra 1 B737 is needed Wed afternoon only.

all subject to change.

Tui have now finally sorted out Wednesday schedules, by moving flights around, basically the evening B757 flight to Palma, moves to the "parked up" B738 in the morning, and Antalya is now moved to the B757 in the evening, with time changes on the Naples and Tenerife flights

fingers crossed the bookings pick up for summer, else we will most likely see less flights/aircraft.

Confirmed by Ian F and Mr @ Spotty M on the dried fruit forum (y)

TUI - First 3 bases with flights
Now confirmed - BHX, MAN & LGW

2 more to follow by end July

Tour operator giant Tui has revealed details of a limited programme of summer holidays in preparation for when government advice not to travel is lifted.
The firm says it is “ready to take Brits on holiday again”.
Eight destinations are in line for a return on July 11 in Greece, the Balearics and the Canaries with flights operating from three UK airports.
Tui plans to add more flights and destinations by the end of July to offer a total of 19 destinations from five UK airports, subject to Government advice.

If people don't take up the limited number of holidays available, they won't be around to return to the other airport bases. I sincerely hope they do.

I wonder if they’ll use the 787s for these flights? #socialdistancing

There was a post on another forum by someone who had been in touch with TUi about travelling from BHX and was told that flights to LCA and PFO could possibly be combined onto one 787 flight but it didn't sound as if anything was confirmed. If they do decide to go down this route there may be other routes that could be combined.

If people don't take up the limited number of holidays available, they won't be around to return to the other airport bases. I sincerely hope they do.

I’m sure there are some who will jump at the chance but personally speaking we’ve written this summer off; the experience just wouldn’t be the same and with no guarantee as to when the two week mandatory quarantine will end it’s completely unfeasible to even think about booking anything.

There was a post on another forum by someone who had been in touch with TUi about travelling from BHX and was told that flights to LCA and PFO could possibly be combined onto one 787 flight but it didn't sound as if anything was confirmed. If they do decide to go down this route there may be other routes that could be combined.

Yes I can see the logic in this, especially the canaries for example. Why go to just Tenerife on one aircraft when you could do Tenerife and Gran Canaria, or Lanzarote and Fuerteventura ?? :unsure:

Looks as if the schedule has been updated.

Restart dates from the TUi flights website although very much subject to change.

The remains of S21

Kos July 11th
Palma July 11th
Heraklion July 12th
Lanzarote July 16th
Tenerife July 17th
Corfu July 17th
Ibiza July 17th
Rhodes July 25th
Alicante July 25th
Zakynthos July 26th
Malaga July 26th
Bourgas July 27th
Gran Canaria July 27th
Fuerteventura Aug 1st
Menorca Aug 1st
Paphos Aug 1st
Larnaca Aug 2nd
Faro Aug 2nd
Thessaloniki Aug 3rd
Reus Aug 4th
Kefalonia Aug 6th
Skiathos Aug 7th
Antalya Aug 29th
Dalaman Aug 30th
Sharm El Sheikh Sept 2nd
Enfidha Sept 4th
Hurghada Sept 4th

Returning for winter

Cancun Oct 1st
Montego Bay Oct 3rd
Punta Cana Oct 6th
Boa Vista Oct 4th
Marsa Alam Nov 2nd
Sal Nov 2nd
Banjul Nov 5th
Agadir Nov 5th
Marrakech Nov 6th
Barbados Nov 12th
Kittila Dec 2nd
Rovaniemi Dec 2nd

Returning 2021

Orlando Mar 26th
Naples Mar 29th
Izmir May 1st
Alghero May 1st
Pula May 1st
Almeria May 2nd
Bodrum May 3rd
Chania May 4th
Dubrovnik May 6th
Split May 7th
Verona May 8th
Girona May 11th
Santorini May 26th
Salzburg May 29th
Catania May 30th
Kavala May 30th
Porto Santo May 31st

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock